Lowered the truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered the truck

Decided to go ahead and lower my truck for a little better stance.

Before

After

I'm gonna raise the front about 1/2 inch to level it a bit more. As it sets the front is 1 1/2 lower then the rear, then off to get an alignment..

Also I'm looking for a good running 350 shortblock to swap with my current 305. Lmk if you have something affordable..

what kit do you use where about to do my dads 83!

Comment

looks good! i think it looks fine how it sits now.

Comment

I ordered summit brand front springs, and got rear shackles from oreillys. Don't order the summit shackles as it will leave you with a huge rake. About 3'' difference.. Use the ones from oreillys and this is what you will get.. The biggest thIng is getting it to align. It's gonna need a ton of shims to pull it back straight..

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
            I ordered summit brand front springs, and got rear shackles from oreillys. Don't order the summit shackles as it will leave you with a huge rake. About 3'' difference.. Use the ones from oreillys and this is what you will get.. The biggest thIng is getting it to align. It's gonna need a ton of shims to pull it back straight..
            we where thinking about the lmc truck kit! but this looks cheaper

Comment

Like someone else said, looks good as it sits.
              2 Chronicles 7:14
              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                we where thinking about the lmc truck kit! but this looks cheaper
                Yeah I think I have around $150 in lowering it. I also replaced all the ball joints while I had it apart.

Comment

Even made the house in the background look better.

Comment

Leave it as it is. That way when you load it the truck will sit level instead of low in the rear. Nice truck!

Comment

looks good! My pops had a blue on blue 87' that was lowered with a BB502. that thing was scary and until this day the only truck ive seen thats not prostreet do a wheelie..

Comment

Your truck looks perfect like that.

Comment

You might as well get a BellTech flip kit and go ahead and cnotch the frame. I like 4" in the front and 6" in the rear. Plus the way it handles is awesome. We used the Belltech kit on my buddies old Chevy truck a few years ago, and it turned out awesome!
                          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                            You might as well get a BellTech flip kit and go ahead and cnotch the frame. I like 4" in the front and 6" in the rear. Plus the way it handles is awesome. We used the Belltech kit on my buddies old Chevy truck a few years ago, and it turned out awesome!
                            No, I don't want it that low. To be honest the front is lower then what I wanted. Was suppose to be a 2-3 in drop up front but ended up being closer to a 5 in drop.

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                              Your truck looks perfect like that.
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X