my 1/8 fun :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1/8 fun :)

first time i ever ran it a the track here so it took me a few runs to get a decent time of 8.1

i was running another fox, he was stock. i will admit, this was a HORRIBLE launch and im not very good at feathering out 1st and 2nd yet but i will say that for street tires and all the above, im pretty proud of an 8.1 now i just need some slicks so i can get out there and make easy 7's

sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

later in the video the guy catches up to me and claims that he saw a lot of smoke comin from under my car lol, so im like yea tell me somethin i dont know cuz i knew i had a small oil pan leak, just enough to cause some smoke now and then, then i thought about it haha, what happens when you take off spinning like crazy goin down the track? smoke from tires buring a wee bit,, a tiny less than an ounce of oil gettin burned,, wow lol. just to prove it was no big deal i went and ran it again against a pretty nasty turbo del sol that whooped my ass for me lol. i told him 2 words when we got back to the pit,, DRAG SLICKS. he agreed haha
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Where in the hell were u running. There was no lights what so ever it seemed
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

yea its a pretty junky track, here in clarksville TN. all these years i been here they havent once ever thought about havin any kind of lights towards the end of the track, so its like as soon as ya clear the sign, get on the brakes and take a good guess where the turn around is lol friggin hate it!

Comment

were you on street tires? that was a have assed burnout if not.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
            were you on street tires? that was a have assed burnout if not.
            yep, street tires. 295 mastercraft avenger rt's

Comment

I think christmas came and went in between your shifts
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

Video editing software FTMFW!
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                  I think christmas came and went in between your shifts
                  lmao yea, i never been a big fan of slammin into gears. i dont baby it into gear but i just take it up a notch from how i normally shift it. one run i tried this,,,, pop it out as im close to "the light" and then once i feel it pop, clutch, slam and go but that seemed like it was givin me too much of a rpm kick and i didnt wanna destroy my driveshaft so i never did it again

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    Video editing software FTMFW!
                    lol i tried editing out the end but my windows movie maker was bein a dick and crybabying about how it just couldnt understand the file type so i was like,, BITCH! and just uploaded it as is. i think its pretty funny though, the guy tryin to tell me my car was smokin but all it was was my exhaust blowin the loose dirt off the sides of the track lol

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                      one run i tried this,,,, pop it out as im close to "the light" and then once i feel it pop, clutch, slam and go but that seemed like it was givin me too much of a rpm kick and i didnt wanna destroy my driveshaft so i never did it again
                      wtf?
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

mph?

Comment

i think its pretty funny though, the guy tryin to tell me my car was smokin but all it was was my exhaust blowin the loose dirt off the sides of the track lol
                          The comments said it was an old pan leak?
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

yea its a pretty junky track, here in clarksville TN. all these years i been here they havent once ever thought about havin any kind of lights towards the end of the track, so its like as soon as ya clear the sign, get on the brakes and take a good guess where the turn around is lol friggin hate it!
                            Didn't see any 2 hour waiting lines. I'd rather deal with no lights than die of heatstroke waiting in the staging lanes here.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                              The comments said it was an old pan leak?
                              yea but it wasnt much of a leak, never has been, never lost pressure do to it either. its just enough to where it heats up over time and causes some smoke,, some as in barely even noticeable... it was mostly just from 2 piles of loose dirt right there on the side of the strip, when everybody goes past it,, it makes it look like smoke following you. not the case lol

Comment

Working...
                              X