X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get drunk..not fat.

That list is bogus without Cazadores.

Comment

No Woodford Reserve? Rookies. Just ran the 3rd bar in 3 months out this afternoon. Good times!

Comment

Holy crap some of those liquors have alot of calories, I never thought it was that much?!?
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

They left off all of the good Mexican beers too

Comment

everclear has 1800 calories!? no way...

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              a calorie is a measure of energy... take a match to some everclear and tell me if you think it contains any energy
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                a calorie is a measure of energy... take a match to some everclear and tell me if you think it contains any energy
                Yep, mix it 50/50 with water and you get a little more alcohol than the same 12oz of 80 proof, and a few more calories at 900 in comparing apples to apples.

What I find interesting is when comparing the top two. Makers is essentially alcohol, water, and almost non-caloric flavoring from the wood barrel, whereas everclear is essentially all alcohol, a tiny bit of water.

Yet when taking into account the ABV, the Maker's has 155.55 calories per ounce of alcohol, whereas the everclear is slightly more caloric at 157.89 calories per ounce of alcohol.

It's close, but apparently everclear has something in that extra 5% that is more caloric than the other 55% of Maker's. Or the math is flawed.

Comment

Patron baby... Thats where its at.
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Or the math is flawed.
                    I'm thinking this.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I'm thinking if people really cared about how many calories were in their drinks, they shouldn't be drinking in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        It's because you need to look at the percentage of alcohol content contained in Everclear.

Comment

I don't even want to know what Sambuca is. I probably gain a pound a week just from that shit.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Yep, mix it 50/50 with water and you get a little more alcohol than the same 12oz of 80 proof, and a few more calories at 900 in comparing apples to apples.

What I find interesting is when comparing the top two. Makers is essentially alcohol, water, and almost non-caloric flavoring from the wood barrel, whereas everclear is essentially all alcohol, a tiny bit of water.

Yet when taking into account the ABV, the Maker's has 155.55 calories per ounce of alcohol, whereas the everclear is slightly more caloric at 157.89 calories per ounce of alcohol.

It's close, but apparently everclear has something in that extra 5% that is more caloric than the other 55% of Maker's. Or the math is flawed.
                            The chart above is incorrect.

Here is the correct "average" breakdown...
                            7 calories per gram of pure 100% alcohol.

28 grams x 7 calories = 196 calories per once of pure 100% alcohol
                            196 calories x .95 = 186 calories per ounce of Everclear
                            12oz's x 186 = 2,232 calories, plus the .05 filler(which probably isn't much), plus your mixers(which will really shoot the caloric intake sky high)

Here is another link to back my numbers...
                            Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

So, has steve been mixing baileys with his donuts in the AM?

Comment

Working...
                              X