Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester police parking laws

(video at link)

A followup on Emily Good, the woman who was arrested for video-recording a police stop from her front yard: during a neighborhood meeting in support of Ms Good, Rochester Police came out with a ruler and measured the parking-distance of the attendees' cars. Cars that were more than 12 inches from the curb (even by half an inch) were ticketed. Needless to say, the 12 inch ordinance isn't normally enforced with this kind of vigor.

To protect and serve, so who polices the police?

Comment

If they wanted to be even more hard ass, they could have arrested the dude in the blue shirt for walking in the roadway.

Video taping them is perfectly fine, but taunting them is just poking the bee's nest.

Comment

its the law, fucken deal with it
        2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
        1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
        1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
        1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
        2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
        2011 Ford Mustang V6
        2011 Ford Mustang GT
        2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
        2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
          To protect and serve, so who polices the police?
          Lawyers and the media.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'd like to know how and when their rulers were calibrated.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              I'd like to know how and when their rulers were calibrated.
              Pink plastic rules don't need calibration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Pink plastic rules don't need calibration.
                Depending on temperature and humidity, their inch might not be a standard inch. If it was unseasonably cool, then the ruler could have shrung by as much as 1/2" In which case a lot of those tickets would be bogus.

The right lawyer could get that ticket thrown straight out of court with that video and a little bit of surveying knowledge.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

I am just wondering whose side the popo is gonna be on when there is a revolution in this country again...

Comment

Oh look, the entire police force doing their best to retaliate against someone for daring to show their fuck ups. I'm confused because we all know that never happens.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Oh look, the entire police force doing their best to retaliate against someone for daring to show their fuck ups. I'm confused because we all know that never happens.
                      The supervisor that allowed that to happen is gonna be in deep doo-doo.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        The supervisor that allowed that to happen is gonna be in deep doo-doo.
                        Yup...puts you guys in a negative light. They should have just admitted their mistake and apologize and pay the lady under the table and things go back to normal.

Comment

What a bunch of clowns.

Comment

What an abuse of power, that shit is rediculous. Is that entire department run by 5th graders?

Why can't all cops be like 03trubluGT? (maybe that will get me outa a ticket someday )
                            .223 > 911

Comment

Nice tats.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X