Mid America Shelby Nats Last Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid America Shelby Nats Last Weekend

Just now getting around to uploading some of my pics....

70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

700 rwhp snatched an axle tube right out of the center section. This guy was in a bad way....we helped him load it up, what a bitch that was.

These Dudes had a lot of motor in that old beast Cougar...

Bob Glidden Special

Not too often you see a LWB unibody...and especially one that has been in the 9's

Still for sale....I damned near brought it home with me....

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

25.5 Cert Roller, mini-tubbed with a all the wolf hardware and decent paint....not a bad price at all.....

70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Wow, so many badass cars. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Btw, how much was the asking price for the Galaxie?

Comment

70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Wow, so many badass cars. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Btw, how much was the asking price for the Galaxie?
                  That's always a good event...a lot of variety with a cruise the first day, road racing the second, drag racing the third, and show on the final day.

He had $12.5K on that Galaxie....it's a pretty decent car really. Driver quality paint and the interior is real clean, but it's a little mini-truckish with some velour inserts in the seats. A bit ratty under the hood....has an FE in it (390) with three 2-bbls, converted to a GM alternator (low mount), and also has the good (somewhat pricey) exhaust manifolds on it. Still has drums all around it and some pretty skinny tires too.

If he'd take $11K for it I'd snatch it right up....I might would even go in the $11.2K-ish range for it. Would make a really nice cruiser. Clean up the engine compartment a bit and lose that intake/carb setup...add some AC to it...maybe switch out to some steelies with dog dishes....I think it would be cool, but I like the notch style ones myself...I don't think they are that popular for resale however.

Here's a few more pics...interiors didn't turn out well with the glare....

70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

cool pics thanks! one of my favorite shows to attend! it's ford heaven for me

Comment

what did the two cobra jets run?

Comment

I think it was like a 9.80 to a 10.x
                        70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Was it kinda' hot & steamy up there again this year?

mardyn

Comment

wish they would do that event in the fall.... I miss going up and being part of the exhibition races at hallett!

Comment

Every time I see a Super Snake I think how frickin big that supercharger pulley looks. Makes me wonder if they are a pulley swap away from 1000 hp. LOL
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                              X