First mods for the cobra showed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    I never had any noise issue with mine, and it was the perfect sound.

Nice lp by the way lol! Mine put down 520/550 and I still registered an average of 22mpg. Even got 26 on a trip through the CA desert. Different setups I guess.
    The silver car averaged around 22-23. Just thought the lp was funny. I know this is the wring car to be obsessive about noise but I just hate an obnoxious sounding car.

Originally posted by Jaison View Post
    And the IRS brace
    Didn't even think about the IRS brace... Kind of a no brainer.

Comment

Inspector 21 is a slacker.

that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin View Post
        I had long tubes and a borla catback on my silver car and I hated the headers.
        Reason why was the Borlas...they are way too loud. I just built an exhaust for a Kb 2.8 cobra. 1 7/8 stainless headers, stainless 3 inch midpipe, 3 inch stainless back to 3.5 inch magnaflow race mufflers (oval ~ 15-18 inchs long), and 3 inch out to the tips. These paticular magnaflows we always use on our custom exhaust systems. It was so quiet at cruise, you could barely tell the car was running! But it made crazy power, and sounded very good at WOT! Headers aren't what makes it really loud...

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
          Reason why was the Borlas...they are way too loud. I just built an exhaust for a Kb 2.8 cobra. 1 7/8 stainless headers, stainless 3 inch midpipe, 3 inch stainless back to 3.5 inch magnaflow race mufflers (oval ~ 15-18 inchs long), and 3 inch out to the tips. These paticular magnaflows we always use on our custom exhaust systems. It was so quiet at cruise, you could barely tell the car was running! But it made crazy power, and sounded very good at WOT! Headers aren't what makes it really loud...
          borla stingers + o/r x =

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

As soon as I get the chance, the Magnaflows are comin off my car and goin in the trash. Can't stand the way they sound. Flowmasters or nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaison View Post
              borla stingers + o/r x =
              I had an o/r x but I had the quiet borlas. Still hated how loud it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                As soon as I get the chance, the Magnaflows are comin off my car and goin in the trash. Can't stand the way they sound. Flowmasters or nothing for me.
                You have a cobra or is that for the Mach?

Comment

You have a cobra or is that for the Mach?
                  I've got a 98 Cobra with a full Terminator swap. The Mach has a American Thunder catback on it and it sounds amazing. We get compliments on it quite often, so thats what I am going to put on the 98. In my opinion, the Magnaflows just sound aweful, I can't stand it.

Comment

I've got a 98 Cobra with a full Terminator swap. The Mach has a American Thunder catback on it and it sounds amazing. We get compliments on it quite often, so thats what I am going to put on the 98. In my opinion, the Magnaflows just sound aweful, I can't stand it.
                    Oh yeah, I remember seeing pictures of it. Is the american thunder CB stainless? Whatever catback I get has to be stainless steel.

Comment

Mine got more raspy as time went on, but at WOT it sounded down right pissed off.

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember seeing pictures of it. Is the american thunder CB stainless? Whatever catback I get has to be stainless steel.
                        Yup. My wife's still looks brand new and it's 7 years old already. But I do get under the car and clean it quite often. Everytime I clean the car I polish the pipes and wipe off the gas tank cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Mine got more raspy as time went on, but at WOT it sounded down right pissed off.
                          These Magnaflows "pop" on decel's way too much. My wife's Mach has an X pipe as well but with the Flows, it doesn't pop, it just sounds mean.

Comment

Pop? The LM-1's on mine pop on decel like mofos.....

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Pop? The LM-1's on mine pop on decel like mofos.....
                              Do you like it that way?

Comment

Do you like it that way?
                                Yes, but it generally has to be a deliberate off-throttle decelleration for it to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X