Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some photos of the lightning last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos of the lightning last night.

My Fav

Very nice.

I took some and got some action shots but by the time I got my white balance and tripod setup it started raining. I think I am going to go buy a remote too.

What settings were you shooting on? I found shooting on bulb was much better. Shooting with a long exposure ie 15, 20, 25 etc would let way to much light in if there were a lot of bursts of lightning.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

It's a Canon 50d with a 28mm with I think at f3.5 200ISO with a 3 second shutter. Just kept clicking. Took 71 shots and 12 came out good. These were the best ones. I need to get a remote and bulb it for shots like this but I don't have one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
        It's a Canon 50d with a 28mm with I think at f3.5 200ISO with a 3 second shutter. Just kept clicking. Took 71 shots and 12 came out good. These were the best ones. I need to get a remote and bulb it for shots like this but I don't have one yet.
        Yeah I spent maybe 10 minutes messing with it and I went from 15-25 second shutter speeds. Some came out well but when there was a lot of lightning behind the clouds that fucked up exposure really bad. Not to mention I was traying to use my tripod as a mono-pod up against my fence. lol Bestbuy has a good remote for $15. I think I will go pick it up. We are expecting more weather like this so it will be a short lived hobby... lol
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yeah most people recommend you don't go over 5 seconds. They said ideal is right around 3 if you dont have a remote.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
            Yeah most people recommend you don't go over 5 seconds. They said ideal is right around 3 if you dont have a remote.
            Hmm. Do you have an article? This interests me and wouldn't mind finding a good routine. All of the places I have seen from google actually say to use a higher shutter speed.

I guess I will have to experiment later. heh

Comment

Great pictures!!

Comment

great pics josh, the lightning show last night was bad ass!

Comment

Nice work, dude.

Comment

Those came out very good - there's some wallpaper material in there.

Comment

I'll post links to them on flickr later for full size HD pics.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        Hmm. Do you have an article? This interests me and wouldn't mind finding a good routine. All of the places I have seen from google actually say to use a higher shutter speed.

I guess I will have to experiment later. heh

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...splay.php?f=28 is where I get a lot of my help from.

Comment

Awesome !!!!!
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell View Post
                            great pics josh, the lightning show last night was bad ass!
                            Yeah it got crazy around 3am.

Comment

Great shots! I got up and our little toilet room has frosted glass on the window and as I was peeing, it looked like a strobe light was outside.
                              I had to go to the another room to see what it was, never seen lighting flash like that.
                              2 Chronicles 7:14
                              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Working...
                              X