Napa/Sonoma - For the winos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napa/Sonoma - For the winos

We went out to San Francisco and Sonoma/Napa in May, here are a few pictures. I'm taking my parents out there in late August right before the harvest since they haven't been before. We are winos so this is Mecca for us.

The hotel is Sonoma Mission Inn (Fairmont property). The entire town was packed for a jazz festival and randomly we ate breakfast with Sheryl Crow the second day we were there since she was staying at the hotel too.

Lots of off center pictures as I wasn't in charge of most of the pictures, you've been warned.

San Francisco: Stayed at the San Francisco Palace Hotel, nice place.

Sonoma Mission Inn

Comment

Stagecoach (Krupp Brothers) - private tour/tasting

Comment

Hanzell - older winery in Sonoma

Comment

VJB - at the owner's house

Comment

Paraduxx - jsut in the tasting room, no tour

Comment

BWise - architecual engineer decided to open a winery. The cave is the tasting room and where he has parties

Comment

Spify, not my kind of crowd though. Looks like you had a good time.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Love to make it to napa/Sonoma soon. I'm in the willamette wine valley in Oregon right now and loving it. One of my closest friends is a winemaker here in Oregon.

Comment

one of the best trips ive ever had was in napa, we got to take some of noel lee's (owner of monster cable) cars out and hot rod them through that winding highway that runs through the area.

Comment

Nice pics. Makes me miss that area.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I get up there a couple of times a year for work (we have factory in Calistoga)....very cool part of the country? Looks like you had a good time.

I just did a day of tastings in Temecula, and while not as big/nice/fancy-pants as Napa, it was a lot of fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                          I get up there a couple of times a year for work (we have factory in Calistoga)....very cool part of the country? Looks like you had a good time.

I just did a day of tastings in Temecula, and while not as big/nice/fancy-pants as Napa, it was a lot of fun too.
                          You ever go to Buster's Southern BBQ in Calistoga? The tri-tip sandwich with the crazy hot bbq sauce is the shit. Gotta love the twisty roads out there too.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I spend the bulk of my time there at the Calistoga Inn...kinda buddies with the owner/brewmaster. We do some downtown bar-hopping, but i usually only spend 1 night up there and then go down to the Bay area where more of my friends live.

Comment

I dig it! Napa is an amazing place.

Comment

Working...
                              X