Coyote Mustang Hellion Turbo Install - To Hellion And Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote Mustang Hellion Turbo Install - To Hellion And Back

At just 6 psi of boost, the rwhp was an impressive 552 rwhp and max torque was a robust 605 lb-ft.

Comment

i was even more impressed with the manual tranny numbers.... 640 and 740 wow..... same 6lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by racerx689 View Post
        i was even more impressed with the manual tranny numbers.... 640 and 740 wow..... same 6lbs..
        Heck the manuals can't live behind a stock motor, much less a 640 hp motor! Nice numbers on both though! Sometimes I wish I could get a new Mustang.
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Geez, not only are they badass NA, they love the boost. Damn this motor is making me second guess my distaste for modulars.

Comment

No matter what this engine makes, an LSx will always make more power, at least the people on this site says. Might as well toss that new 5.0 in the scrap heap.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              Geez, not only are they badass NA, they love the boost. Damn this motor is making me second guess my distaste for modulars.
              Modular is a marketing term, there's not a head swap across the brand that doesn't require heavy modification in most sitiuations.

Will '03 Cobra heads go on an '03 GT without alot of work? Not Modular.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Modular is a marketing term, there's not a head swap across the brand that doesn't require heavy modification in most sitiuations.

Will '03 Cobra heads go on an '03 GT without alot of work? Not Modular.
                I thought the modular term was more so on the rotatating assembly?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  I thought the modular term was more so on the rotatating assembly?
                  It's been covered on here before. The modular bit refers to the manufacturing tooling being able to produce all of the engines in the family with minimal changes on the line. And yes, some of the internals are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure that some of the heads will actually swap over as well, but I think there's a little more to it than that.

But '03 SOHC/DOHC heads won't swap over so the modular name is clearly a complete misnomer!

Comment

Those are impressive number but the kits layout is horrible.

The exhaust housing looks like it sitting right against the fender liner.

Comment

I'd like to know the limits of the stock shortblock. 6psi ain't gonna do it for me!

Comment

Working...
                      X