Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need more info for this picture, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need more info for this picture, please.

I wanted to put this in the "If you could restore one car" thread, but I never got enough info on it to do so.

I can't remember where I picked up this picture, but I would like to find all the information I can about this car.

Well, it's a station wagon, early 50s...

Comment

I think an LSx would be tight.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

No windows, no doors, no wing, no hood, no fenders....shit you just cut half this thread content with that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          No windows, no doors, no wing, no hood, no fenders....
          Balls out!!!

Oh, and that wagon would make a perfect tow vehicle for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Well, it's a station wagon, early 50s...
            Looks like a sedan to me. Some sort of Ford.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

That's a '52-54 Ford Country Squire wagon, a '59 Galaxie 500, and a '59 Chevy.

That is one cool open-wheeler. Seems to be mid-engined with an inliner. Some very early coil overs. Looks a bit Lotus-7-ey. I love it.

This needs to go to Strychnine for identification.

Here's a thread of other street-going open wheel cars: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=404848
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                That's a '52-54 Ford Country Squire wagon, a '59 Galaxie 500, and a '59 Chevy.

That is one cool open-wheeler. Seems to be mid-engined with an inliner. Some very early coil overs. Looks a bit Lotus-7-ey. I love it.

Here's a thread of other street-going open wheel cars: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=404848
                I think this car is absolutely beautiful! It is certainly on my list of dream builds.

That's a cool thread.

I can't remember if that pic came from here or the old forum, but whoever put it up knew the name of the person driving it and possibly the year.

Comment

I'm just throwing this back to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Sorry, I'm late. Was stuck in Bakersfield for a few days. Almost positive on this one, but feel free to correct me...

EDIT: Self correction. Danny's on the right track. It's a Lotus 18.
                    (original guess, based on the trapezoid rear, was Ferrari 156 'sharknose')

Anyway, that pic is from race weekend at the 1960 US Grand Prix. There was basically no paddock space at the track so teams were renting garage space in Riverside and driving their stuff to the track on race day.

Here's the info on that pic:

John Surtees makes a pass between two Fords and a Chevy driving his F1 Lotus-Climax up University Avenue heading towards the raceway for the 1960 U.S. Grand Prix. Incidentally, he did not finish the race because of an accident.

Here's that car on the track during the race you see him driving to in your pic:

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                    I can't remember if that pic came from here or the old forum, but whoever put it up knew the name of the person driving it and possibly the year.
                    I put a similar pic somewhere on the old site, not this one though, but its from the same weekend.

My inspiration:

Here Maurice Trintignant, on Highway I-15 heading south coming out of Riverside on his way to the track in a Cooper-Maserati. Maurice finished 15th in the race.

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-17-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Those are badass.

Comment

Danny/Matt....2012

David

Comment

I saw this Bugatti kit on CL and it reminds me of the old indy cars.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

Thank you very much, man.

I owe you a beer next time you're around.

Comment

Working...
                              X