X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id take em both for a test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
      They are capable of WAY more then that! Id love to build one actually, if I wanted to build a "fast" 6spd car that would be it.

My car at 3530 with me in it runs 8.80's with a 2J/6spd/76mm setup. Now imagine a fox body that dead hooks and weighs 2700lbs with the same combo? Now add a bigger turbo and some more things, 7's while bangin em is very possible
      shut up.. EVERY ONE Knows supras cant run faster then 12/s in the 1/4 !!!
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
        or make more then 740rw?
        -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
        -1993 Cobra- 700rw
        -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
        -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
        -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Ehh
          Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
            And they can not beat street bikes on 190 at 3am in the morning! Least yours didn't

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Yeah but those motors can make stupid power on stock internals. Many running 800+ on stock guts.
              03-04 cobra motors can make 1000+ rwhp on stock guts

the 2jz is a bad ass engine but looks like shit in that car
              1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
              - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
              - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
                03-04 cobra motors can make 1000+ rwhp on stock guts

the 2jz is a bad ass engine but looks like shit in that car
                No they cant. Anything beyond 650 and the pistons will melt unless you are running E85 and even then you are on the ragged edge. The crank is good for 1200ish and the rods can prolly handle the 1000 but the pistons and rod bolts cant.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Waste of money IMO.
                  Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                  -Fred Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    No they cant. Anything beyond 650 and the pistons will melt unless you are running E85 and even then you are on the ragged edge. The crank is good for 1200ish and the rods can prolly handle the 1000 but the pistons and rod bolts cant.
                    How long did Manny's street car survive making 1000? (I don't actually know the answer; I am curious).
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Those motors are being imported from japan now and sold for cheap ($2000) over here, check E-bay. Combine it with a th400, the proper fuel/turbo setup and you can build a fairly cheap drivetrain that will run quick in a lightweight RWD chassis..

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        How long did Manny's street car survive making 1000? (I don't actually know the answer; I am curious).
                        I am fairly sure he replaced the pistons with the TT swap.
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I looked into 2JZ's when I was finding a motor for my Datsun. They can make some real good power but they are HEAVY and long and parts are usually pretty expensive for them. I dont know why but it seems that if its for an import then they want to charge an ass load for it. I looked up rods and or/pistons comparing with the same stuff for an LS motor and even though it required 2 less being a 6 banger the price was usually twice as much.

I still like the idea of a 2Jz in a mustang though, just for the reaction of the blue blooded crowd if anything

Comment

Ghey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              Ghey.
                              +1

Comment

Right now there is a guy in japan driving a taxi with a motor I will install into a senior citizens 4-door fairmont one of these days just to piss folks off.

Comment

Working...
                                X