Kenny's 2.3 Whipple on the Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny's 2.3 Whipple on the Dyno

Coming back to D/FW next month after being in the Air Force.

Yup, He's got a white hood, so he must be from Garland.

I know. It's not 1000 HP. It's just a little Whipple.

sigpic

Nice numbers. The most I ever saw out of my 2.3 at 19#'s was 600. Good blowers for sure.....if they are put together correctly.
    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
      Nice numbers. The most I ever saw out of my 2.3 at 19#'s was 600. Good blowers for sure.....if they are put together correctly.
      I've only seen one "bad" Whipple and it was only the bypass not wanting to seat properly on a 3.4.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill View Post
        I've only seen one "bad" Whipple and it was only the bypass not wanting to seat properly on a 3.4.
        There were 3 last year that got sent out. I was 1 of the 3. My blower had 2 different types of screws and wouldn't make boost correctly. Called whipple, they searched the serial number, mine was one of the bad batch, sent in the old and got a new unit sent free of charge plus a few pullies. Only cost me downtime. I am just that lucky when it comes to certain things. Hell my snout broke off on my 3.4 2 weeks after I got it....LOL They have killer customer service so I don't regret choosing them over KB

Comment

Haha thanks Bill. I totally didn't expect to see this on here. I am pretty happy with it and I am glad to finally be bringing it back home. It's a nice gift to myself for doing 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
            Haha thanks Bill. I totally didn't expect to see this on here. I am pretty happy with it and I am glad to finally be bringing it back home. It's a nice gift to myself for doing 6 years.
            Enjoy it and welcome home....well when you get here

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
              No problem Kenny! I hope you're having fun with it.
              sigpic

Comment

Love them Cobras and Whipples. I know two guys in Plano running the 2.3s on their Cobras. One was making 717rwhp last time I spoke to him and his friends was making 680ish on his higher comp Aluminator motor at 16 psi if I remember correctly.
                Of course both those guys are running on E85 with 80lb injectors but still impressive.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Nice numbers. Thank you for your service!
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    Love them Cobras and Whipples. I know two guys in Plano running the 2.3s on their Cobras. One was making 717rwhp last time I spoke to him and his friends was making 680ish on his higher comp Aluminator motor at 16 psi if I remember correctly.
                    Of course both those guys are running on E85 with 80lb injectors but still impressive.
                    LOVE the Whipple!.........and E85!
                    Kenny's Cobra makes well over 500RWTQ on the whack at 2K and never gets below 500.
                    We have one kid with a 4.6 stroker on E85, Stage 3 blower cams with ported heads, 3.4 Whipple and just upgraded his pump to a MagnaFuel(to hell with Aeromotive!) It should be on the dyno this week for a retune for the pump, more boost and new injectors. Hopefully his poor abused T56 will live!
                    It should be really stupid nasty.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill;
                      We have one kid with a 4.6 stroker on E85, Stage 3 blower cams with ported heads, 3.4 Whipple and just upgraded his pump to a MagnaFuel(to hell with Aeromotive!) It should be on the dyno this week for a retune for the pump, more boost and new injectors. Hopefully his poor abused T56 will live!
                      It should be really stupid nasty.
                      I'm curious what that combo makes. I'm doing something similar since my motor is apart. I'll be breaking it in on 93 then making the switch to E85

Comment

Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                        I'm curious what that combo makes. I'm doing something similar since my motor is apart. I'll be breaking it in on 93 then making the switch to E85
                        I'll be sure to let ya know what to expect.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill View Post
                          I'll be sure to let ya know what to expect.
                          Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                            Wonder who that was??

Erik's car made 680 RWHP on 14 psi with his 2.3.

He is currently switching to a Boss Block 10.7:1 compression, Ported Heads, Cams and 2.9 Whipple with ID1000 Injectors and sumped Glenn's Performance tank and Magnafuel Prostar SQ EFI Fuel Pump.

Should make some good power when I get done tuning it.

Comment

nice numbers
                              2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                              2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X