Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never be another JORDAN!!!!

Comment

biggest problem is people will say things like this is because it is all they know. not everyone saw jordan growing up. im sure u could run across people that would say bill russell was the best player, magic johnson, etc. dont get me wrong jordan was the greatest in IMO. but like said above he wasnt perfect either. and really a good chuck of the reason James is the way he is because the fans created him. when u hype someone up it happens. i do believe James will be up there with the greatest. people may not like him and u can not deny his talent. and if he can ever truely get all of his game down he will be a monster. the thing in this sport is u need a batman and a robin. u cant get it done with just a batman. look at rose, james when he was in ohio, kobe after he lost shaq, pipen after jordan left, dirk in 06, howard in orlando, etc. if u dont have that other super star u just dont get it done.
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        Ballin'.... in control!

Jordan hall of fame induction career highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDKq...eature=related

Another badass video. And as much as I dislike Kobe, Kobe is very humble about it all, and doesn't like people making the comparison because he KNOWS he will never live up to it. That's what Lebron would be like if he wasn't an overconfident piece of shit. Lebron acts like he's already better, and that's laughable.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
          biggest problem is people will say things like this is because it is all they know. not everyone saw jordan growing up. im sure u could run across people that would say bill russell was the best player, magic johnson, etc. dont get me wrong jordan was the greatest in IMO. but like said above he wasnt perfect either. and really a good chuck of the reason James is the way he is because the fans created him. when u hype someone up it happens. i do believe James will be up there with the greatest. people may not like him and u can not deny his talent. and if he can ever truely get all of his game down he will be a monster. the thing in this sport is u need a batman and a robin. u cant get it done with just a batman. look at rose, james when he was in ohio, kobe after he lost shaq, pipen after jordan left, dirk in 06, howard in orlando, etc. if u dont have that other super star u just dont get it done.
          The problem is you have to have another star player accept the Robin role
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

i heard he's got really great sneakers, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
              i heard he's got really great sneakers, too.
              But they are ugly:

one pair is Wade's, one is James'

Comment

They both look to be designed by Ronald.

Comment

Game 7 of the finals with 2 seconds left on the clock and down by 2. Who would you give the ball too ?

[ ]James
                  [ ]Kobe
                  [X]Jordan

Nuff said ...

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                    The problem is you have to have another star player accept the Robin role
                    Understandable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But IMO that is what is needed
                    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Lebron only having 8 points in Game 4, hmm wonder if Scottie Pippen wants to say those comments now?
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                        Game 7 of the finals with 2 seconds left on the clock and down by 2. Who would you give the ball too ?

[ ]James
                        [ ]Kobe
                        [X]Jordan

Nuff said ...
                        If you need a 3 pointer, I might consider Reggie Miller.

I have no respect for James. He QUIT on a city that built a team around him. Didn't even give them a chance. He left cause he wanted a ring and thought for sure by signing with Miami it was guaranteed. James can't carry a team of small players and make it great. If the Mavs lose the finals, I will still not think anymore of James than when he played for Cleveland. Sure he is one of the top current players in the league. But I don't think he will ever reach the top 20 best in NBA history when his career is over. I find Dirk to be a better player. IMO.

Jordan was feared and respected. I can not think of a time I ever saw him get a technical foul. Can't think of a time he argued a call. He would smile at the refs and continue playing. If I would ever think of a perfect player in a sport he would be one that would come to mind first. Among Cal Ripken Jr, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice are others off the top of my head.

James is a sell out.

Since Jordan left the game, I think Kobe is as close as it gets, now days.

But in the end, I don't think it's fair to compare era against era. Of any sport or player.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                          I find Dirk to be a better player. IMO.
                          As an outside observer and not a basketball fan, it would appear to me if nothing else - Dirk has the heart and motivation that most people in the NBA do not have. I almost get the impression from what I've read about him - that he does not have natural talent. He works hard and earns every accolade given to him.

Either way, playing when sick/feverish in the finals and still performing pretty good is an accolade all by itself IMO.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I gotta admit, I don't watch much basketball, but I don't ever see Lebron play with as much energy and force as Jordan ever did. May be because the game was a different tempo in Jordan's age, and he was ahead of his time, but to me Lebron doesn't seem to touch Jordan.

Comment

lmfao at lebron being greater than jordan!

Comment

Working...
                              X