No announcement yet.

Self defense or murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that the victim in an armed robbery can be put in prison is fucking embarrassing as a country. Criminals have more rights these days.
    sigpic

Comment

That punk ass kid executed himself when he decided to go into that store with unlawaful intentions. Too bad he did not get the other one.

Comment

I feel better knowing that future armed robbers are safe from this pharmacist.

Comment

i wish the guy would have killed him with the first shot...

even though the stupid kid put himself in that situation, the guy was wrong(legally, not morally) for going back and shooting him five more times. his adrenaline was pumping and his anger got the best of him unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
            I see the argument for not guilty. But legally, I understand the jury's view - the immediate threat was eliminated after the first shot (or volley of shots). At the point where the citizen chased after the second suspect, he extended himself beyond just defending himself and innocent third parties and got into chase/aprehend mode. After he gave chase, he returned and popped the kid five times. If the kid was so much of a threat, why did the guy chose to disengage, chase suspect number 2, then return? If suspect number 1 was still enough of a threat to require being shot five more times, the guy should've stayed and covered him instead of chasing number 2.

Also, self defense doctrine is "shoot to stop". Once the suspect has gone down, you may not be justified in shooting him additional times.

Why did the citizen need two guns? Was he some kind of wanna-be Dirty Harry? Juries take a hard look at intent. Is it normal for a CHL holder to carry two guns or was this guy looking for a chance to kill somebody?

I don't agree with a life sentence.

I agree 100% with the statement about staying and covering the kid if he felt he was still a threat. If the shooter would have fired all six rounds the first time he might have had a chance at self defense but the "shoot to stop" statement comes into play on that as well..

Also you are right on with the "shoot to stop" Any person that goes through training with a weapon this is a statement that becomes something they better know and understand very well..

Some CHL owners will carry two weapons, a primary and a backup and in my state the CHL license doesnt have any restrictions on how many you can carry.

I dont know for sure how to feel about the sentence, he made a bad decision to go back and execute the kid..

Comment

Self defense on the murder charge, but isn't there some law against desecrating a body? I could see getting him for that for those last five shots. Life in prison is ridiculous.

Comment

The jury didnt convict because of the first shot. That was self defense.

The convicted on the killing shots 46 seconds later. Judge Dredd he is not.

As a chl holder, i know that there is a risk that any action i take to defend myself maybe misconstrued by a grand jury or judge as manslaughter or murder - if i make the wrong decions.

He choose poorly, and he's paying the proper price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post

As a chl holder, i know that there is a risk that any action i take to defend myself maybe misconstrued by a grand jury or judge as manslaughter or murder - if i make the wrong decions.

He killed a violent criminal instead of having taxpayers spend $100ks+ to support the filth for who knows how many years.
                  I really can't find the problem with killing someone who puts a gun to your face and tries to steal your livelihood.
                  sigpic

Comment

I totally agree, but I don't think a life sentence is fitting. I don't know how I would calculate a "fair" punishment, prison time, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      He killed a violent criminal instead of having taxpayers spend $100ks+ to support the filth for who knows how many years.
                      I really can't find the problem with killing someone who puts a gun to your face and tries to steal your livelihood.
                      He was a pharmacist. Dont see where he had a part time job as an executioner.

Have zero problem with the first shot, let him bleed out if thats the case. But his actions afterwards were illegal.

Comment

He was a pharmacist. Dont see where he had a part time job as an executioner.

Have zero problem with the first shot, let him bleed out if thats the case. But his actions afterwards were illegal.
                        Of course they were illegal, but i really don't see the problem with removing scum from the world, and not making the taxpayers pay to support said scum.

A few laws apparently need to be reviewed and changed. It should be a law that you forfeit your life when you rob someone at gunpoint.
                        sigpic

Comment

Of course they were illegal, but i really don't see the problem with removing scum from the world, and not making the taxpayers pay to support said scum.

A few laws apparently need to be reviewed and changed. It should be a law that you forfeit your life when you rob someone at gunpoint.
                          Remember though we are talking about breaking the law not one person's opinion. I agree with you the dumbass kid deserved to die, but we cant let people go around and be the judge and the jury and execute on site.

Comment

He should be charged with mutilating a corpse.
                            He shot a brotha in the head... He didnt think the threat was over?
                            BOOM HEADSHOT
                            03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                              He should be charged with mutilating a corpse.
                              Exactly. If there are technicalities involved in this case then how can you charge him with murder when the suspect was already dead?

Oh, and that stupid reporter bitch needs to be slapped with a bunch of limp dick.
                              Last edited by SS Junk; 06-04-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Aaahhahaha you quote me Ha I was having a bad day o well. On topic well the guy was justified in the first shot but the extra 5 later was a little out of control. Kill or be killed. society has become pussyfied.He put down a low life that's all I don't care if he's someones kid just be glad it wasnt the other way around. Self defense all the way
                                Last edited by Jeremycg777; 06-05-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X