Boat destruction/repair pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat destruction/repair pics

This happened a couple weeks ago in a storm. After a lot of fiberglass and a little paint this is how it turned out

Not bad!
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

what was the cost?

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell View Post
          what was the cost?
          the cost of all the fiberglass, resin, and paint came to about $100. I did it myself my father does fiberglass work on aircraft, mostly war parts here recently. He taught me a long time ago how to do this and it stuck with me. You just have to work really quick when laying the glass because that resin will set up pretty fast. I found the easiest way once you get a base is to cut up alot of fiberglass very small and mix your resin and hardener then mix in the tiny pieces of fiberglass until its very thick and then spread it on.

Thanks for the kind words

Comment

I saw a boat like that for sale not long ago on craigslist, the people got caught in a storm, made it back and tied up to the dock but couldn't get it loaded due to the storm. Is this the same boat?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
              I saw a boat like that for sale not long ago on craigslist, the people got caught in a storm, made it back and tied up to the dock but couldn't get it loaded due to the storm. Is this the same boat?

Stevo
              no I didn't have it on craigslist and I haven't had it for sale luckily lake patrol came out in a truck and came down to the dock we were stuck under and got it on a lift or it would have been sunk there was water all the way up over the decks I don't know what was keeping it up

Comment

Working...
              X