Pics from my trip to Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from my trip to Africa

I got back a couple days ago from a 2 week trip to South Africa to see some family and do some hunting.

You know the trip is going to go well when you have Jessica Biel on the plane setting behind you on the flight to Toronto. My wife took a creepy stalkerish picture of her, lol.

We spent 8 hours in London so the wife and I did some of the tourist crap first then got completely smashed pub hopping our way back to the airport to catch a flight to Johannesburg. We spent the first week visiting family and went to my cousins wedding in the Drakensburg Mountains.

View from our room

We did a lot of hiking in the mountains and on one of the hikes we ran across this little Adder

After all the family stuff we headed to the Richmond Valley to a 22k acre ranch to do some hunting.

Our room for the week

View from the room

"A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
    East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Very nice, sorry if I posted in between your posts.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That is awesome- I heard it's beautiful there!!

Comment

I like "spot and stalk" type of hunting so we spent most of our time on top of this "hill" glassing the valleys for animals.

from that hill you could see a lot of the ranch. We would spot something and if we needed to get in for a closer look we'd drive within about a mile and hike the rest of the way in to get a better look. We did a TON of hiking.

View from atop of the hill

Glassing the other side

Weapon of choice

There was a really heavy fog one morning and it covered the valley, it made the spotting part tough until it burned off

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

My brother in law got a Kudu within a couple days.

He shot 5 other animals too and I'll post some pics when he sends them over. This was his first time there.

My wife shot a Zebra. I wasnt really to into shooting a horse but she really wanted a Zebra rug and she said shooting one has a way better story behind it than buying one. The Zebra kicked our ass this trip. Two full days of chasing Zebra finnally paid off

This was also her first trip to Africa.

So I was looking for a Kudu and a Nyala, I had already shot most of the plains game last time I was there and we spent a full 6 days looking at Kudu before we found a good bull. On the morning of the 7th day we spot a good bull with a cow and put the stalk on him. We get ourselves within 90 yards with some thick cover and the wind does a 180 on us and the cow catches our scent and starts to move off, the only shot the bull gives me is in the ass, so the guide says, "put some lead in him" and I fired, the bullet hit a hip bone and did a complete 90 degree turn and doesnt exit and he runs off, we go to the spot where he was standing and no blood I'm heart broken. We follow his tracks for a while and out pops the cow followed by the bull with a limp, he turns broadside and the rest is history.

That evening we were just going to go up on the hill and drink beer but we spot a really good Nyala in the valley chasing a female. He is so occupied by the female we were able to get within about 75 yards and I dust him

My dad shot an Nyala that evneing too

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

The food we had on the ranch was great. We sampled most of the game we shot. Including Impala chicken fried steak, Wildebeest hamburgers, Blesbok Lasagna and Kudu back strap.

Here is the Kudu Backstrap

All in all we had an awesome time and I cant wait to go back.

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

That looks like a blast.
              I want some chicken fired Impala

Comment

Good pics. We went to South Africa in early May for a week and stayed in Kruger National Park doing more of the safari thing than hunting. Cannot wait to go back.

Comment

nice...
                  I was born and raised in Cape town.. .. if you dont mind me asking how much was the plane ticket to RSA?
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                    nice...
                    I was born and raised in Cape town.. .. if you dont mind me asking how much was the plane ticket to RSA?
                    Cool, I want to spend a few days in Cape Town when I go back. I hear it's way better than Jo'Berg, it's kinda a shit hole.

I used mostly miles for both my wife and my tickets. We flew First/Business class the entire way there and back and I had about $1600 out of pocket for taxes.

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

First Gerard Butler now Jessica Biel. Should've gotten a pic of her ass. Nice trip, looks like a blast.
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Stuff like this exist?
                        Pretty fantastic.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

so do they process the rest of the meat and send it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                            I"m sure they do.

I've looked into gator hunting in the glades and they will process the meat for a fee and send it to you, and they will process the hide, or mount/stuff the animal for a fee and send it to you.

Awesome looking trip, I'd love to do that one of these days.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                              They keep it and use it. Too much red tape and expense to get it back to the states.

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

Working...
                              X