No announcement yet.

LAPD's 2012 Chevy Caprice cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I've done ride a longs with my buddy, he always takes a Tahoe. He said that the chargers have been big POS for their department and are constantly down for maintenance.

This would be badass

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I think police departments spending $70,000 on EACH CAR is a little bit ridiculous. This car, those tahoes, etc. You have to be kidding me.

Comment

I dunno, 70K doesn't sound that outrageous if it comes with all the adidtional equipment added, onboard computer system, cages, lights, sirens, safety equipment, etc...

Comment

What's an even bigger POS than the Chargers? The Durangos that Richland Hills has. They are turds and are constantly having problems. The one Tahoe they have has had no problems.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            I don't know about you guys, but I think police departments spending $70,000 on EACH CAR is a little bit ridiculous. This car, those tahoes, etc. You have to be kidding me.
            Just go out and supplement the tax base with some good ol' revenue generation!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Just go out and supplement the tax base with some good ol' revenue generation!
              Right, with it automatically reading plates, it will pay for it's self in no time!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Love my Tahoe. Oh and they were just a hair more then the Crown Vics.70k LOL try twenties.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  I think the car is great and well thought out. However that license plate reader borders on scary..
                  A lot of agencies already have them in use.

Comment

This is why California is in a defecit. They spend like crazy.
                    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I thought Cali was broke...?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                        A lot of agencies already have them in use.
                        just talked to my bro in law, he said they have them but they only read plates for warrants/stolen. said when they patrol a good area it routinely picks up 2 stolen cars a day. he also said that it stores information for a month, they can type in a plate and it'll tell them each time it has read that plate, when, and where the plate was read (based on gps). that is kinda scary imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          just talked to my bro in law, he said they have them but they only read plates for warrants/stolen. said when they patrol a good area it routinely picks up 2 stolen cars a day. he also said that it stores information for a month, they can type in a plate and it'll tell them each time it has read that plate, when, and where the plate was read (based on gps). that is kinda scary imo.
                          Chicago and Detroit -- as well as many other major metro areas I'm sure -- use the plate readers for booting/towing purposes.

Comment

My patrol car has an ALPR. It's looking for stolen vehicles/plates, our cities warrants, felony warrants, local sex offenders cars, and narcotic offenders we've arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              A 355 HP 6.0L in a car that size?

I'll take two.

I'm getting sick of Ford still putting that anemic 4.6L 2V in "Police Interceptor" packages.... I have a 2011 Crown Vic that still uses the same 260 HP motor my 2003 Mustang GT had.
                              It kept Ford paying the bills and don't think for a second this isn't a form of bailout for GM from the government.

Comment

We are about to have Tahoes on the streets, just waiting on stickers. We had a few for some of our specialized units and everyone seems to like them.
                                2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Working...
                                X