Going sideways at 244MPH in a F-Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going sideways at 244MPH in a F-Body

Texas mile is getting impressive. Well not like it already wasnt but the Texas guys are starting to take back the glory.

Had a 1200+ RWHP Vette from Houston run 231 before he blew third gear.
    Even more impressive is a F Body making 1808rwhp running 244 with a 31 MPH headwind. Car should break 260 in October if the wind isnt bad and he can go WOT on the dang beast.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Damn! I would need a change of undies after that run. That car sounds sick too, I would like to see some more pics and info on it.

Comment

Wow that Camaro is hauling ass, but damn he was driving his ass off..

Comment

i need to go to that one of these days

Comment

lol, that little 'woo!' was pretty funny from the interior. I would be screaming and yelling my ass off.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yikes! That would make for some poopy pants!
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
            George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              lol, that little 'woo!' was pretty funny from the interior. I would be screaming and yelling my ass off.
              Oh damn, first thing I thought of when I read your post was...

Stevo
              Last edited by Mach1; 05-31-2011, 11:00 AM.
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

you'd have a dolphin's asshole if that shit happened! i dunno what yall are talking about poopy pants for, he prolly had to pull the seat outta his asshole after it puckered up!!!!
                Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                http://www.titantowing.net
                -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I'm interested in the aero forces being generated at those speeds. The exterior shot showed the windows damn near being sucked off the car. If the rear got light enough to lift at that speed i'm not sure 260 is as much of a sure bet.

Comment

Originally posted by redfirevert View Post
                    Wow that Camaro is hauling ass, but damn he was driving his ass off..
                    Wildly overcorrecting is more like it.

Badass car, unbelievably well built. But it doesn't have the right aerodynamics to take advantage of all that power IMO. What happens if a T-top blows off at 200+? lol
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Rolling out of the throttle slowly will help with anything shaped like a brick, instead of just jumping off the throttle at the end of a run
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Proof that anything can be fast with enough HP thrown at it.

Even Don's Festiva.

Comment

How impressive is a car that cost $200k to build and could only manage 244mph after two years (three dates) of going to the mile? It has some serious problems every time it makes a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                              How impressive is a car that cost $200k to build and could only manage 244mph after two years (three dates) of going to the mile? It has some serious problems every time it makes a pass.
                              U mad?

Damn that autoplay vid is annoying as fuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X