bicycle riders/haters in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
    He definitely went down. If you look closely his back wheel goes up.
    ah good eye.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
      Don't understand, or don't care? People get pissy when anything in front of them is going slower than they want to travel. It's gtfo my way! I'm guilty of this, but I do try to be reasonable with bike riders.
      usually the mountain bikers are smarter than the road bike guys. there are a couple of lance armstrongs out there that decide it's a good idea to ride at during morning commute hours on ohio/hillcrest southbound. that's a 2 laner each direction. taking up a lane during the busiest time of the day doesnt seem like a good idea for personal safety reasons.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

If bikers want to be treated equally they need to obey traffic law like the rest of us.

Just last night I was stopped at a residential intersection and a rider flew past on the left with no regard for the sign. He then did the same for the remaining two intersections on the street. No change is cadence, just powered through.

Once I caught up I had to comment. He just looked at me like he did nothing wrong. What makes it worse is there is really no way to identify them to police if you wanted to make a report.

Comment

i like pulling up in front of a large group of them and slowing down to crawl speed... if i have to wait on them they can wait on me
          first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            I hate bicycle riders
            I hate ignorant people that don't share the road.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              Goes both ways and if you're on a super busy street or can't keep up with traffic, get out of the way.
              Its a speed limit not speed minimum just for your reference.

Comment

Are they that stupid across the pond that they have to paint which way to look before crossing traffic on the street in front of you?
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                  If bikers want to be treated equally they need to obey traffic law like the rest of us.

Just last night I was stopped at a residential intersection and a rider flew past on the left with no regard for the sign. He then did the same for the remaining two intersections on the street. No change is cadence, just powered through.

Once I caught up I had to comment. He just looked at me like he did nothing wrong. What makes it worse is there is really no way to identify them to police if you wanted to make a report.
                  Becuase you call the police and report every time you see someone on a cell phone or change lanes with out a signal?

The ignorance in this post is amazing. Follow all the rules of the road before you get mad when someone else doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                    usually the mountain bikers are smarter than the road bike guys. there are a couple of lance armstrongs out there that decide it's a good idea to ride at during morning commute hours on ohio/hillcrest southbound. that's a 2 laner each direction. taking up a lane during the busiest time of the day doesnt seem like a good idea for personal safety reasons.
                    Ouch, yeah I agree completely. I used to live off Preston and Belt Line. That whole area is bad news during rush hours, and I was never so happy as when I moved away from it all.
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

As said, I give them respect if they are respectful. The ass hats that ride like the douche in the video get no respect.
                      I do hate bikes on the fucking road though. I used to work on top of Haleakela and sometimes would have to hurry up and get down the hill to get parts for the tracking LASER and the damn "Maui Downhill" tourists would be on their way after watching sunrise. I would be stuck behind those ass hats for 14 miles going down one of the steepest highways in America with all of them setting their brakes on fire to stay at 7 MPH the whole fucking way.
                      My only joy was when one would overshoot a turn and slam into the lava rocks.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                        I ride in the road a lot, I don't pull shit like that. Also fuck all you lazy bicycle hating people. We have just as much right on the road as you do. When I'm on the road I ride close to the middle because stupid assholes pass me super close if i stay closer to the side. I also tend to avoid heavy traffic streets as to not impede the flow
                        ^^ Has anger issues.

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                          usually the mountain bikers are smarter than the road bike guys.
                          Exactly, I'm not too scared of hitting a tree, but getting hit by a car doesn't sound fun at all. I've got a nice 10 mile route that is completely residential and crosses all major streets at lights for when I ride in town. Having cars coming by me at 40+ is just unnerving and completely ruins any enjoyment I might get out of riding. If I was in DFW where they have trails that are closer than 2 hours away I would never even ride on the street.

I always get a laugh when the road bike guys give me that I'm better than you look, just because I'm cruising a full suspension mountain bike down the street instead of some light weight road bike lol. I'm in it for the exercise, having a road bike would just mean I have to ride more miles for the same result.

Comment

Looks like he suffered the consequences of his poor decision making. No sympathy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                              Becuase you call the police and report every time you see someone on a cell phone or change lanes with out a signal?

The ignorance in this post is amazing. Follow all the rules of the road before you get mad when someone else doesnt.
                              Its not illegal to be on your phone while driving in our state.

If they did not signal multiple times within a half mile stretch and then illegally passed me I would consider it.

I have one ticket in my ten years of being licensed.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                                Its a speed limit not speed minimum just for your reference.
                                Good to know for those who like to impede traffic.

Comment

Working...
                                X