Inflatable concrete structures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflatable concrete structures

I wonder if anyone sells these in the US? That is a great idea.

Amazing Videos, Funny Clips. Updated daily.

That is pretty frickin cool.
    http://www.69ecatsstrip.com

Comment

Nice
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That's awesome!
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

i hope they don't start making dolls outta that shit... it could leave road rash
          first class white trash

Comment

That is cool.

USA Military and Civilian flyers for the cloth:
            Created specifically for erosion control, containment and shelter applications, Concrete Canvas? products are part of a revolutionary class of...

Created specifically for erosion control, containment and shelter applications, Concrete Canvas? products are part of a revolutionary class of...
            Last edited by GhostTX; 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'm pretty sure Denny is full of knowledge on these.

Comment

I bet they are expensive as shit. I honestly don't see how you could bury them, I think the example was just in regards to reinforcing them without using the structure as a load bearer.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  I bet they are expensive as shit. I honestly don't see how you could bury them, I think the example was just in regards to reinforcing them without using the structure as a load bearer.
                  its a quanson (sp) hut design. one of the strongest there is just like an arch.
                  first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                    its a quanson (sp) hut design. one of the strongest there is just like an arch.
                    Except it's not a load bearing arch like you think, it's only a few inches thick (if even) and it's a decreasing radius, which is not good for large loads.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

.. but your not loading the top first...
                      first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                        .. but your not loading the top first...
                        Quonset huts are not a "true arch" design which would prevent it from being a strong load-bearing structure.

I think CJ's right as far as burying one of these, but yes, you could surround them with earth and seal the top with a rigid platform for strength.

Pretty damned cool vid/product though.

David

Comment

awesome

Comment

Google monolithic domes, there is a company in Italy Texas that builds them.
                            Monolithics are more of a permanent solution, there are several in Along the Florida coast that have taken direct hits from hurricanes
                            ( http://www.monolithic.com/stories/feature-home-doah ) and were not damaged other than the stairs.

Founded in 1980, Monolithic Constructors, Inc. — or simply, Monolithic — is the original Monolithic Dome construction company. Monolithic Domes are now found all over the world as schools, homes, community disaster shelters, gymnasiums, storages and more. Over the decades, Monolithic has expanded into a manufacturing, construction and design firm.
                            Last edited by Mopar63; 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X