How Volkswagen tests their cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
    Ahhhh vdub oil pans ,,,,,,, easy money , prob only one of the three or four euro trash repairs I like but my fav is the new beetle rear axle assy. Pothole or clip a curb and 1800 $ ! Thank you come again . And the worst part is the owners for the most part. They buy a Mexican built German designed 16,000 $ car and can't understand why it's a piece of shit that costs a shit ton to fix!
    You realize that the dollar sign comes before the number, right?

Comment

My bad, give me a F when you grade my homework
      The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

^i aint gonna lie, i lol'd

Comment

Lol I used to drive my Jetta like that.
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            Who in their right fucking mind would design an engine like that? It's ludicrous.
            Quite a few Engine have PTV clearance issues...... not just VW... Infact just about anything that has more than 4 cyl and 8 valves HAS PTV clearance issues...

Hell my SVO WAS a non interferance engine, until the larger valves and cam swap... Even with a 40 cc dish in the piston, the valves would hit..

Comment

That looks like a fun job!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                My bad, give me a F when you grade my homework
                Don't lie, you're like me and don't ever turn your homework in.

I never saw the point of doing homework when I understood a concept and could prove it on the tests they gave us. Why turn in homeowkr if it either didn't count, or didn't count enough to hurt my grade if it were to not be turned in

Comment

All I could think of when they were hammering away at the underbody was the last M3 I worked on that ripped the unibody out around the rear axle setup.

Comment

somewhere, Bo and Luke Duke both raised an eyebrow.

Comment

Looked like police driving 101 to me. LOL
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I actually love my VW and my girl gets her CC delivered tonight. Drove around in a loner CC from dealer all weekend and its a fun ass car espicially since its a sedan. Shit ton better than any Nissan, Honda, Ford, Chevrolet, or Toyota I've ever been in of the same type of car.

Comment

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
                          Quite a few Engine have PTV clearance issues...... not just VW... Infact just about anything that has more than 4 cyl and 8 valves HAS PTV clearance issues...

Hell my SVO WAS a non interferance engine, until the larger valves and cam swap... Even with a 40 cc dish in the piston, the valves would hit..
                          Yep, there are a ton of them that are timing belt based that are interference motors and it's still bullshit. If they make a motor with an interference design, then it should have a timing chain. The VG30DE in the 300zx and the Infinity J30 has to be the biggest piece of shit design that I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
                            this total bullshit, because if it was TRUE, they would known that the GTI VR6 Oil pan hangs down to Low to hit a speedbump at 25mph or slip in ice into a curb...Both instances resulted in me having to replace the god damn oil pan.......

On the flip side i loved that car right up to the point in which the timing chain broke and grenaded the engine..... thank god for 10yr/100k warranties....

Timing belt. My '04 GLI skipped timing in April '10, and took out the head, 15 valves, and all 4 pistons.
                            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

The timing belts in the 1.8t's are good for 100k service interval, the problem is the water pump that will start leaking around 60k... Coolant + timing belt = boom bitch.

The 2.0t TSi motors in newer VW/Audis have chains.

Comment

Working...
                              X