WTH causes this on tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
    I think it's impressive that she managed to do it what appears to be three times without having the tire blow out.
    Actually, on closer inspection, there are 5 bubbles!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      Nope, she said she has never hit one.
      Key word being "one". She's hit "some". Hard.

Comment

Yeah don't fall for the I hit nothing shit. They wont ever admit to it or they did hit something and if the car still runs I wasn't that bad in there heads. Wives either lie or are too dumb to know better. Either way that's a wreck waiting to happen. Get that fixed asapish.
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Potholes are like shoe stores for women! They have to hit everyone of them. I had to replace all 4 tires in a year because she loves potholes. But she don't hit them they just come out of know wear.

Comment

running one low enough on air pressure for long enough might do that as well
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by rcstang88 View Post
              Potholes are like shoe stores for women! They have to hit everyone of them. I had to replace all 4 tires in a year because she loves potholes. But she don't hit them they just come out of know wear.
              nowhere*
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Well, it's at Discount getting 2 new tires. The remaining tread on the other front tire wasn't worth trying to cheap out and just get one.

They all 4 had the right amount of air, she did say she checks that! I was shocked actually.

Comment

time to slap the toe plates against the fronts and see how far off it is...........
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

It's usually from hitting a curb. Warranty on tires on new cars is if it's under 1 year old and under 12k miles, it's a free replacement IF it's determined that it's a defect in the tire. I don't really see outside rubbing on the tire or wheel so you might get them replaced. Those focus tires from the factory are fucking shitty by the way. You'll probably start hearing a bunch of road noise in the next year from them.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by my fear View Post
                      that's called an impact bruise/bubble. it happens when you hit pot holes in the road. what happens is when a tire is made the side wall has white nylon cords in the sidewall. and when you hit a big pothole, in your case more than one, the tire pinches in between the wheel and concrete of the road and cuts those nylon cords in the side wall. then air fills up the area causing it to bubble out. you need to put the spare on because now its very prone to having a blow out driving on it like that. if you bought the tires from discount that's covered under the road hazard warranty.
                      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                        Well said.
                        since im a assistant manager at discount tire, i need to know these things lol.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          have you ever rubbed a balloon so hard in one spot that it just makes a weird dimple in that spot while the rest of the balloon is still uniformed in it's shape?

same with yours tires!
                          No can't say that I have.

Comment

When I was kid my mom came home and told my father one day that the good time van was driving kinda funny. He asked her if she had hit anything and she said not that she could remember really. He jacked it up and she had broken the coil spring on one side and there was a nice chunk out of the arm. My mom then goes, well yeah there was a small bump on main street I kinda remember hitting the other day but it wasnt bad. We went and checked it out it was a huge f ing potholl. There are many stories like this with my mother involved. LOL
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I used to work with an old guy that I saw take his pocket knife out and slightly push into one of those and make it disappear....without causing a leak in the rest of the tire. Not recommending that of course.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X