Juilian the dolphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juilian the dolphin

Back from a week trip to the Bahamas. (debt free trip too)
    Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 07-13-2014, 02:12 PM.
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

"I'm not only the Hair Club president, I'm also a client!"

Comment

What exactly is a debt free trip? Did you pay cash or something???
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Yeah we did the swimming with the dolphins in Mexico and it was pretty damn cool. Congrats on the debt free trip.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            What exactly is a debt free trip? Did you pay cash or something???
            That means that we used something called, "saved money". I know it is a wierd concept.
            class joke
            {
            private:
            double Peas, Carrots;
            };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
              That means that we used something called, "saved money". I know it is a wierd concept.
              No.. I just didn't know a debt free trip to the Bahamas was something worth calling out.. I sort of mentioned that too in my same post. That is all.
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

No.. I just didn't know a debt free trip to the Bahamas was something worth calling out.. I sort of mentioned that too in my same post. That is all.
                I would say that it is. The dude is proud that he can enjoy good times without running up credit cards. Good for you "paid for Mexico Trip" dude. Just watch out for the chamilolionaires on here...your paid for trip is laughable to them.
                Originally posted by grove rat
                shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Alot of the country is steeped in debt, so much so that a vacation is paid for in the months following. I'm nowhere near there yet, as I still have to acquire and pay for a house, but I can take a vacation without a credit card. When I finally had no debt other than my car payment, it actually felt good. My goal is to pay half for my first house, and pay it off in 5 years.

To my credit I have 10- years on TDD, and have a single income, but his lifestyle is one to emmulate. Well, other than getting banged by a dolphin on vacation.

In before Sean88GT.

Comment

Yep, I'm old, 44. Many people here know that my wife and I lived on beans rice last year to pay off everything but the two houses. It wasn't easy only working to pay down debt for ten months but worth it now.
                    class joke
                    {
                    private:
                    double Peas, Carrots;
                    };

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Alot of the country is steeped in debt, so much so that a vacation is paid for in the months following. I'm nowhere near there yet, as I still have to acquire and pay for a house, but I can take a vacation without a credit card. When I finally had no debt other than my car payment, it actually felt good. My goal is to pay half for my first house, and pay it off in 5 years.

To my credit I have 10- years on TDD, and have a single income, but his lifestyle is one to emmulate. Well, other than getting banged by a dolphin on vacation.

In before Sean88GT.
                      Yeah, well I would be telling those people they probably shouldn't be taking a vacation.

I guess I am missing the point of paying for a vacation in cash? A Bahamas trip is what, $1,500 - $2,000 for 4-5 nights? I am not trying to be a douche I am just missing the point. I also don't get who would use a credit card to fund a trip or a vacation. As for the credit card specifically, I would still put it on a credit card. That is $2,000 or whatever the amount is in airline points I wouldn't have had before and it would be paid off before interest even hits...

I guess I am in the minority compared to the rest of America. I look at being responsible and not having debt just something that should be automatic and not require a pat on the back for something you should already be doing. It is like a bad kid coming home from school and saying LOOK I Didn't get in trouble today, what do I get as a surprise? Money is one thing that annoys me when I hear people talk about their problems.

Anyways, goodjob on being responsible and enjoying the Bahamas! That is sincere by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                        Yep, I'm old, 44. Many people here know that my wife and I lived on beans rice last year to pay off everything but the two houses. It wasn't easy only working to pay down debt for ten months but worth it now.
                        Same here!! I worked enough OT last year and the year before to finish paying off everything, including my wifes new car. Made my final payment last week on a CC and put a little money in the bank. I have no idea why I have suddenly decided that I hate anything credit related but I did. I really do not owe much on my house either and may attack that one next. I did all this while putting the wife thru school also. She graduates in a year and its is going to be fantastic. Still wont be a ballers, but we are very happy and no slave to the man..................

Oh yeah we are both 39, must be something about the 40's. LOL
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yeah, well I would be telling those people they probably shouldn't be taking a vacation.

I guess I am missing the point of paying for a vacation in cash? A Bahamas trip is what, $1,500 - $2,000 for 4-5 nights? I am not trying to be a douche I am just missing the point. I also don't get who would use a credit card to fund a trip or a vacation. As for the credit card specifically, I would still put it on a credit card. That is $2,000 or whatever the amount is in airline points I wouldn't have had before and it would be paid off before interest even hits...

I guess I am in the minority compared to the rest of America. I look at being responsible and not having debt just something that should be automatic and not require a pat on the back for something you should already be doing. It is like a bad kid coming home from school and saying LOOK I Didn't get in trouble today, what do I get as a surprise? Money is one thing that annoys me when I hear people talk about their problems.

Anyways, goodjob on being responsible and enjoying the Bahamas! That is sincere by the way.
                          I personally wasn't brought up to understand interest rates and investment rates, so fault my parents. As an adult I now understand that using $5k out of my low-yeild fund will benefit me over putting it on an 18% credit card, and pat it off over several months. If your talking about putting it on a card and paying it off without any interest, that's the same as cash.

If you were brought up to avoid debt, then consider yourself blessed. It's a no-brainer to those that get it. I personally don't/didn't crunch numbers, and it got me into an unsavory spot. Just like TDD posted above, I had to learn the err of my ways, and sacrifice to get back back above water. I don't, nor do I think that he needs a "pat on the back," but is a source of pride in our own lives that we would like to share.

I hate the fact that I have to buy a house and start the cycle all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            Same here!! I worked enough OT last year and the year before to finish paying off everything, including my wifes new car. Made my final payment last week on a CC and put a little money in the bank. I have no idea why I have suddenly decided that I hate anything credit related but I did. I really do not owe much on my house either and may attack that one next. I did all this while putting the wife thru school also. She graduates in a year and itg is going to be fantastic. Still wont be a ballers, but we are very happy and no slave to the man..................

Oh yeah we are both 39, must be something about the 40's. LOL
                            Like Al P recently said, and I am paraphrasing, "the more money that I amass, the less likely I'm inclined to part with it."

Kinda makes me understand the stories of the rich guys that are misers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              Like Al P recently said, and I am paraphrasing, "the more money that I amass, the less likely I'm inclined to part with it."

Kinda makes me understand the stories of the rich guys that are misers.
                              I am exactly like that quote... I am a cheap ass and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X