Local FordGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    i am unaware of the story... cliffnotes?
    Kumar (owner of Ford GT) drove it to the party, let multiple people drive it through out the night, he get's drunk, Chuck Acosta asks Kumar if he can get the keys to the GT to check it out, Chuck and I go to check out the car, Chuck says "man this would be awesome to drive, we should go around the block", we get down the street and around the corner, he and I swap seats and I drive it back to the house, whole party is outside waiting for us, we're asked to leave, and I take 99% of the heat for it.

Not my brightest moment.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Kumar (owner of Ford GT) drove it to the party, let multiple people drive it through out the night, he get's drunk, Chuck Acosta asks Kumar if he can get the keys to the GT to check it out, Chuck and I go to check out the car, Chuck says "man this would be awesome to drive, we should go around the block", we get down the street and around the corner, he and I swap seats and I drive it back to the house, whole party is outside waiting for us, we're asked to leave, and I take 99% of the heat for it.

Not my brightest moment.
        Well was it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
          Well was it worth it?
          Definitely not, broke the trust and lost the respect of what I consider to be several really cool board members, along with looking like a dumbass in front of a ton of people.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Definitely sucks about the car, it did ~223MPH at the Texas Mile before the latest round of mods. He told me it was completely in flames within 15 seconds! It was a neat car and I'm glad I got a chance to drive it with the twins on it before this happened. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
              Definitely sucks about the car, it did ~223MPH at the Texas Mile before the latest round of mods. He told me it was completely in flames within 15 seconds! It was a neat car and I'm glad I got a chance to drive it with the twins on it before this happened. :-(
              I thought I heard you say he had plans to set it up for the mile one of the last times I was up at the shop. Definitely a clean car, white with the blue stripes is definitely a favorite color combo of mine. How much HP was that supposed to be putting out after the last round of mods?

Comment

Definitely not, broke the trust and lost the respect of what I consider to be several really cool board members, along with looking like a dumbass in front of a ton of people.
                Be glad it didn't turn out like this...

When I was in college we had a party at a guy's apartment and some dude who was a friend of a friend showed up, went into my buddy's room later in the night and took the keys to his 5.0 Capri and tried to steal it. Someone caught him in the parking lot cranking the car up to drive off. As you can imagine, being at a party chock full of boozed up hooligans, he was ready for the cops to come and pick him up not long after. In a bizarre twist of fate, he somehow managed to fall down in the parking lot and injure himself not long after being discovered.

The funniest part is that the dude would show up about once a month for a year after that, in his best Sunday clothes, knock on the door and beg my buddy to not press charges on him. I think he brought his mom and grandma one time.

Sucks about the car, that was one nice ride.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I thought I heard you say he had plans to set it up for the mile one of the last times I was up at the shop. Definitely a clean car, white with the blue stripes is definitely a favorite color combo of mine. How much HP was that supposed to be putting out after the last round of mods?
                  No idea on the horsepower, I don't even know what he was getting done besides converting it to DFI and getting all the wiring issues related to that sorted-out. I know it's been at Taylor's shop for a year or so and he just got it back.

Comment

that sucks! i hope that everything works out for him!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      No idea on the horsepower, I don't even know what he was getting done besides converting it to DFI and getting all the wiring issues related to that sorted-out. I know it's been at Taylor's shop for a year or so and he just got it back.
                      Was the fire electrical?

Comment

Read a post where he said the car was engulfed in 15 seconds leads me to believe it was fuel related.

I could be wrong though. Will we ever find out? Prolly not.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCompanyVPWS6 View Post
                          Read a post where he said the car was engulfed in 15 seconds leads me to believe it was fuel related.

I could be wrong though. Will we ever find out? Prolly not.
                          I'm no auto expert which is why I ask this... what could cause a fuel line to just catch fire? Wouldn't a car explode if the fuel line catches fire?

Comment

You'd think people would blame the mexican before blaming the white guy.
                            Why? Always blame the dude you assume is in charge first.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                              Did he not have a fire extinguisher system on that? I have seen lot of modded GT's that have had a system isntalled.
                              I don't understand when someone spends that kind of coin on a car and does not finish it off with a halon or similar system.

Comment

I'm no auto expert which is why I ask this... what could cause a fuel line to just catch fire? Wouldn't a car explode if the fuel line catches fire?
                                Usually it happens when a fuel line starts leaking and sprays fuel on something hot.
                                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                                X