Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this makes me sad (first gen ck chevy/gmc trucks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this makes me sad (first gen ck chevy/gmc trucks)

all this potential...

...just rusting away in a field

and i bet the old fucker that owns them doesn't wanna sell them "cause he gonna fix em up one day"

Where are these?
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

That is just sad. I would love to get rid of my newer truck and fix one of those up for a daily.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        Where are these?
        not sure, found the pic on flikr
        Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
        That is just sad. I would love to get rid of my newer truck and fix one of those up for a daily.
        my pops used to daily a 66 step side like this

of course not as fixed up though. his was the same color but the original paint and the front grill/bumper was painted white

he drove it every day for 3 or 4 years... then the gas prices started going up and he couldn't afford to drive it

i learned how to drive standard on that truck. no power steering, tiny steering wheel(my pops is a big dude), no power brakes, hard as fuck clutch and a 3 speed is not something easy to learn on BTW

Comment

There's probably two or three times that many in downtown Whitesboro. The guy that owns them owns the building that my dad used to rent in downtown Sherman.

He owns a bunch of buildings in Sherman and Whitesboro and just lets them fall to pieces. When it would rain, we would have to strategically place 55 gallon barrels to catch the rain water coming out of the holes in the roof. My dad finally said something to him about fixing it and he said, "well, I'm just going to give you 60 days to get all of your stuff out of here then." After my dad had rented the shop for 15 years. Fucking asshole.

He's letting all of the trucks and Suburbans he's got just rot away too. He's got a bunch of short fleetsides, Suburbans, etc. I'll have to get some pictures.

-Aaron

Comment

Mental health problems make people do stupid things to perfectly good cars.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
              not sure, found the pic on flikrmy pops used to daily a 66 step side like this
              My first vehicle was a '66 Chev. p/u. It was my Grandfather's farm truck and beat to shit, but w/ a straight 6 it ran well and was a proven battle wagon time and time again. Love those trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                not sure, found the pic on flikrmy pops used to daily a 66 step side like this

of course not as fixed up though. his was the same color but the original paint and the front grill/bumper was painted white

he drove it every day for 3 or 4 years... then the gas prices started going up and he couldn't afford to drive it

i learned how to drive standard on that truck. no power steering, tiny steering wheel(my pops is a big dude), no power brakes, hard as fuck clutch and a 3 speed is not something easy to learn on BTW
                You will remember that truck till the day you die. Memories...

Comment

Those trucks are soooo common I just find them boring. Plenty others around for sale.

Comment

It's a shame all those trucks are rusting away.... though I am a fan of old school metal, I never did like the front end of the 64-66 trucks.
                    Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Reminds me of my great uncle's place. Has about twenty '67 to 72's sitting in a pasture. Won't part with a single one of them, and plans on "fixing them up one day..." He's 85.

Comment

I had an uncle who bought 69 - 79 Ford trucks and did the same thing. He drove every one of them to where they were parked all over his property. Some of them were in amazing condition when he first got them. I called him once to see if he would sell me one and you'd a thought I had cussed out his mother. I'll never understand some people.

Comment

I used to have a 65 long wide bed. it was a straight 6 with a 3 speed in the floor with an add on over drive. you would put it in 3rd, flip a switch, let off the gas and get back in it and it would go into a 4th gear.
                          was cool as hell until it went out because the fluid was never checked/changed in it I didn't know it was literally a separate piece all together

the floor was all gone of course so we put 3/4 plywood down as the bed floor and drove the hell out of that thing. John has fond memories of that truck too after a trip to the Denny's one day
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Damn sad

Comment

Working...
                            X