Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telluride, Ouray, Silverton or Lake City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telluride, Ouray, Silverton or Lake City?

If you had to spend a week in one of the cities mentioned above, which would you spend it in?
    Ouray
    0%
    Silverton
    0%
    Telluride
    0%
    Lake City
    0%
    Other (please specify)
    0%

silverton or Vale

Comment

I got a 9 days to spend up there in August, and 6 days to spend up there in June- trying to figure out where to go each time. Anyone here up for a road trip?

Comment

Cruise around, dude! Those are all within a couple hours of each other.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I went a few years back in the middle of July to buy a motorcycle. I decided instead of a hotel room I would camp. 40degrees at night and 85 during the day in July was prime. Never been to Durango but I hear it is really nice too

Comment

Lake City no question. Rent a jeep over the Alpine Loop to Ouray,Silverton or both. Search Engineer or Cinnamon pass. Least busy time and most passes open will be third week of June. Fuck the Hippie town Telluride.

Comment

Ouray is GREAT if you want to completely fade to black for some time. Nice town, lots of scenery and drives to go on and remote.

Comment

Lake City.. We've gone the last two years and it's great.

Comment

Always cast my vote the same, LC.

Wife is driving up last week of June, I fly up on the 1st of July, spend a week up there, & we all drive back together.

My MIL spends the entire summer up there.

Fishing is great, scenery is amazing, hiking & adventures abound.

Anyone in the market for a log cabin? I think it's going on the market after the summer season.

Oh yeah, and you see cool shit like this:

Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                    Lake City no question. Rent a jeep over the Alpine Loop to Ouray,Silverton or both. Search Engineer or Cinnamon pass. Least busy time and most passes open will be third week of June. Fuck the Hippie town Telluride.
                    +1000 spent two weeks camping there once and it was my most memorable trip

Comment

There is nothing to do in Ouray but look at beautiful scenery and fuck! And there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

When I go up there I stay in Ouray. I could live there. I really want to start a computer shop there and see if I could make it, kinda dont think many people would use it there.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                          Always cast my vote the same, LC.

Wife is driving up last week of June, I fly up on the 1st of July, spend a week up there, & we all drive back together.

My MIL spends the entire summer up there.

Fishing is great, scenery is amazing, hiking & adventures abound.

Anyone in the market for a log cabin? I think it's going on the market after the summer season.

Oh yeah, and you see cool shit like this:

Have seen this same rig a couple of times up there. Not that you can easily miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Have seen this same rig a couple of times up there. Not that you can easily miss it.
                            Chili, you should do 4th of July up there. It's awesome. Long parade in the morning, games in the park, food/beer/etc, set your blankets/chairs out late afternoon to mark your spot for the fireworks in the evening.
                            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

I'd consider Ouray or Silverton as home base, but I'd spend little time in either.

Comment

Working...
                              X