Open Carrier has difficulty in Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
    I think that is embarrasing for the police of Philly. But it could happen anywhere. Also, I think that guy was trying to get attention by open carrying. But, the cops were def. wrong for holding him at gun point for that. It always seems like the ones who don't know the law get exploited, they never show videos of cops who handle a difficult situation well.
    'Course he's trying to get attention! He's rightfully & lawfully carrying his firearm and displaying it proudly, to remind people of the rights they have and have forgotten.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      'Course he's trying to get attention! He's rightfully & lawfully carrying his firearm and displaying it proudly, to remind people of the rights they have and have forgotten.
      Or as a big, "Don't Bother" message, to would be criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        Or as a big, "Don't Bother" message, to would be criminals.
        Or a target to criminals, I prefer to conceal so I am not the first one shot because I am sporting a 1911 on my side.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Ive been there. My reaction was confusion, but its definitely a pucker moment. Level 12 or better, lol.
          Damn. No thanks. I hope I never have to go down that road.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Or a target to criminals, I prefer to conceal so I am not the first one shot because I am sporting a 1911 on my side.
            Ah, I get that pov. I was thinking in terms of a mugging or something similar. Although, I could imagine your 1911 as a deterent in a gas station hold-up as well. I completely understand not wanting the attention though.

Comment

Ive been there. My reaction was confusion, but its definitely a pucker moment. Level 12 or better, lol.
              Its even more fun when there are 4 of them pointing assault rifles at you on your own doorstep and having you lay face down on the porch in 38* weather in only your undies and t-shirt because there are two guns registered at the address.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
                Damn. No thanks. I hope I never have to go down that road.
                It wasn't my choice to make, lol. I've seen it happen more than once.
                One instance was a traffic stop. I was in florida, driving my 1985 gt, and noticed red and blues coming up fast behind me. I was on a busy residential street, so as I looked for a place to pull over, the cruiser gets close enough to nearly bump me from behind. So I decided to pull into someones driveway. The cruiser pulls in behind me and the marked jeep cherokee that was following him jumps the curb and slides up in this poor guys front lawn.

The PA comes on, "get out of the car, hands on the car", to which my passenger and I both comply. So two officers walk forward, guns drawn, and the chick pointing her piece at me says something to me which I literally can't remember any more, and it causes me to reach for my ID. This causes her to train her pistol at my head from a couple inches away and yell "hands on the car". My hands were glued to the roof of that mustang after that, haha. So after she pulls my ID from my pocket and searches me they all sort of calm down and say " you're free to go". I questioned what the hell just happened as they were walking away, to which the famale officer replied, "there was a robbery, similar car, but the suspects were black."

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  Its even more fun when there are 4 of them pointing assault rifles at you on your own doorstep and having you lay face down on the porch in 38* weather in only your undies and t-shirt because there are two guns registered at the address.
                  Damn, on a warrant? The closest I ever got to a problem at my home was when I answered the door with a loaded glock 19 because the officer was ringing the doorbell with his thumb over the peephole.

Comment

Damn, on a warrant? The closest I ever got to a problem at my home was when I answered the door with a loaded glock 19 because the officer was ringing the doorbell with his thumb over the peephole.
                    Yes. My house in my name and came to serve a warrant for my father from a traffic accident from 8 months earlier. They had me face down for 20 minutes while "searching" the house. Mind you I said to the officer it was only me and my father there and the house is only about the size of a double wide and only two bedroom.
                    What took them so long is beyond me. Whole thing pissed me off.

Every year I donate $300 to the police, $300 to the local Sheriffs department and $300 to the local fire department. Sheriffs office did not get their donation last year and even had the nerve to call and ask for one. I explained why they will never get another one from me. Treat me like that when two of the fuggers knew me and know I am a law abiding citizen. Pisses me off.
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

It wasn't my choice to make, lol. I've seen it happen more than once.
                      One instance was a traffic stop. I was in florida, driving my 1985 gt, and noticed red and blues coming up fast behind me. I was on a busy residential street, so as I looked for a place to pull over, the cruiser gets close enough to nearly bump me from behind. So I decided to pull into someones driveway. The cruiser pulls in behind me and the marked jeep cherokee that was following him jumps the curb and slides up in this poor guys front lawn.

The PA comes on, "get out of the car, hands on the car", to which my passenger and I both comply. So two officers walk forward, guns drawn, and the chick pointing her piece at me says something to me which I literally can't remember any more, and it causes me to reach for my ID. This causes her to train her pistol at my head from a couple inches away and yell "hands on the car". My hands were glued to the roof of that mustang after that, haha. So after she pulls my ID from my pocket and searches me they all sort of calm down and say " you're free to go". I questioned what the hell just happened as they were walking away, to which the famale officer replied, "there was a robbery, similar car, but the suspects were black."
                      LOL!!! I know the feeling, I ran a red light in Garland at 3am on a Sat, i know i was wrong, so the officer was like you been drinking? i was like no, he said get out of the vehicle, as i start to reach for the door handle the fucker pulls his gun out and points it at my head and says let me see your hands now!!! i was like what the f---... 30min later handcuffed on the curb this BIG fing white cop comes picks me up and says get out of here...... i think i shit my pants that night.....but no ticket that night!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X