Oldies/motown/etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldies/motown/etc?

I've been talking with a friend of mine about this and there are some amazing songs from that era. Some of the music is tremendous. For some reason it reminds me of summertime, baseball, and my childhood.

Vids no workee. For me they don't.

Comment

Workin' like a champ here!

Comment

Sean, you need to check out this site.

It's a documentary about the Funk Brothers, the men who created the music behind all those Motown hits. They were completely unknown and wildly uncompensated for their work. All those tunes, all those hooks.. they wrote them all. It's a great flick.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I love some Motown, but give me some STAX!!

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I was just talking the other day about how great the music of the 60s was, the mid-60s especially.

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              For some reason it reminds me of summertime, baseball, and my childhood.
              Just reminds me of stephen king movies.

Comment

I approve of this thread!

Comment

This is the majority of the music I listen to. I can't stand most modern music. Yeah, I listen to the ocassional new song, but my preference lies within this thread. It is why I had no idea who Justin Beiber was until it was posted on this site or half the rappers kids listen to these days, or even the mainstream pop.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Motown and Stax are the shit! Most of the artists' made little or nothing, and got screwed by Barry Gordy. Pure, raw sound fresh off the board. No studio gimmicks and little over-dubbing. The '60's and '70's were a great time for music. I should know...I was there!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      Motown and Stax are the shit! Most of the artists' made little or nothing, and got screwed by Barry Gordy. Pure, raw sound fresh off the board. No studio gimmicks and little over-dubbing. The '60's and '70's were a great time for music. I should know...I was there!
                      I sure as hell wasn't and I know! lol I catch shit all the time for it.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

While I do dig the shit out of that old soul and R&B music, the first generation of surf bands around that time really do it for me.

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

G'Day Mate

Comment

Favorite song from that era ever. Just plain smooth...

Comment

Great post..
                              there is some real kickass songs from that era! the temptations, otis redding, sam cooke are all great artist. i also love the song "lucille" by b.b. king..
                              81' chevy rcswb truck bagged on duce dubs- ls1/4L60e
                              78' chevy rcswb truck-l92 headed-lq4/4l80e, 4:10's
                              94' ecswb chevy with lq4/4l80e, under the knife!
                              67' caddy vert
                              Pit Bulls are one of the most stable people-friendly dogs in existence. The National Canine Temperament Testing Association tested 122 breeds, and Pit Bulls placed the 4th highest with a 95% passing rate!

Comment

Working...
                              X