Some art pieces Ive done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some art pieces Ive done.

Figured I'd share these two busts I did. The white one is using sculpey and then conventional oven baked. Its about 5 inch wide, and 4 inches tall.

This one I did my senior year in high school (2003). It was my first ever bust... It ended up winning me best in state for 2003. WWII european theatre US soldier. Using red clay, then kiln fired, and painted to mimic bronze. This one is life size.

Im bored and was staring at the white one and figured what the hell; ill share. I havent sculpted in 5 years now... Went onto my dream career of law enforcement and gave this up. I consider them to be ok, Ive seen better. Thats partly why I never went to art school or even tried to create to sell. What do yall think? Critizism welcome!

I have a third I did back in 2003 as well. That one is a Vietnam era Green Beret. My Art Teacher told me to go nuts, use as much clay as needed. Ill have to get a pic of that one when I get to my parents house next. They kept that one.

Comment

Those are solid man, nice work. How long does something like that take?
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Thank you. Eh, the white one I did at home one night. Sculpey is great due to it stays moist till you bake it. The second one took me several weeks. Granted, that was 5 days a week for a few hours a day in class.

Comment

Pretty goddamned cool! Skillz...
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Thanks. I been getting the sculpting bug again.... Wish I had a kiln and some HQ clay. Sculpey's great, but when you fool with it too much, it gets warm and super malible which = sagging on thinner pieces.

Comment

I had no clue dude......impressed

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I never talk about it. To me, it was a great giftthat will unfortunately get me nowhere... Don't mean to sound negative, but it's the truth. Art as a career or source of income is rough.

Comment

now time to make a sculpture of you riding a bike?
                  Big Rooster Racing
                  1985 Mustang GT

Comment

that bust is awesome!

Comment

make a bust of a bust

Comment

Nah, Id fuk that up fo sho...

Comment

cool
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Nice man. Keep with it

Comment

Can you do request pieces?

I would like Jesus, Elvis (the singer, not the bald wigger) and myself all high-5ing like the guys in Iron Eagle. I want to be wearing the Doug Masters jacket but I would like a 3d Reagan holding an AR-15 in one hand and the US Constitution in the other hand. At my feet, I would like a nude Katy Perry reaching up for me with Rhianna spanking her.

Life size is cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X