No announcement yet.

Forum wars. 2011GT vs 350Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350z guy. Here's a suggestion. Your car, I'm driving it. Would put a whole new spin on the whole "Forum Wars" that media folk would love. Think of it as The Black Stig vs The White Stig. I won't even hit the rev limiter. Oh, and yeah, I've Autotcrossed a few times.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
      Welcome to the forum.
      Thank you sir.

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      First of all, nice Z car. I've always liked them.
      Thank you for the compliment.

Second, isn't that you who said that your car is far from stock in the video?
      Yes I said this. Most of their questions were very general. I gave them straight forwards answers in an attempt to avoid the inevitable, which appears to be what happened. The brief mod list clip shown was an edited combination of several statments throughout the interview. The answers separate, were harmless. Combined after editing, well, was the end product everyone has seen.

Third, how did you manage a 16+ second 1/4 mile time in a car that should run low 14's easily, from the factory?

A quote from the site I regularly post on should shed some light on this:
      2009+ 370Z - The Forum Wars: Season 2 - Talk is cheap if you cant bring it behind the wheel. Youve seen the episodes of The Forum Wars presented by Royal Purple, and youve thought, I could do better than that! Heres your chance, as recruiting is set to begin for The Forum Wars Season 2. Would you like to...

From Van, the Mustang driver:
      2009+ 370Z - The Forum Wars: Season 2 - Talk is cheap if you cant bring it behind the wheel. Youve seen the episodes of The Forum Wars presented by Royal Purple, and youve thought, I could do better than that! Heres your chance, as recruiting is set to begin for The Forum Wars Season 2. Would you like to...

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      *pssst, over here* he's not a very good driver...
      Agreed. I've got alot of learning to do and need more seat time. It's the only way I'm going to get better...

Comment

Ok, seriously, if you want to REALLY race that thing get ahold of the local SCCA chapter and start autocrossing. You'll never win in the 1/4 so screw that stuff. Get some POS rims, some decent tires, not slicks, and push the car in as many autocrosses as you can. Hell, once you're good on the SCCA courses see if you have any local Porsche or BMW clubs that you can AX with. Have someone who's good drive your car once and get a comparison of the times and their angles of approach and apexes. Otherwise, another meeting will turn out the same freak'n way. Hell, bring that thing down here to D/FW and get with the local BMW autocross club and I'll let you drive mine if you let me drive yours.
        Seriously.
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
        X