Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Crash, Thanks for the motivation. Table Pics Inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the complements everyone. I like to 'recycle.' I have enough recent projects to start a few more threads. A smoker and a dresser to name two.

Originally posted by ls1redline View Post
    That's pretty inventive. Did it turn out pretty rigid / is it top heavy at all?
    On a flat hard surface it's pretty sturdy. If you give it a good nudge on the carpet it might move but I don't think its going anywhere.

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
    They're not hard to build at all. I'm sure Brooks has some stuff laying around to build one out of. If not, I could come up with some stuff for ya.

-Aaron
    Very easy build. I even took the time to drill and tap the cam so I could bolt the flywheel to it and I made sure the rods were square and level. One of my Engineering Professors would always tell us, "even if it wrong, make sure it's pleasing to the eye."

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
    Rachael or Racheal.... They make a simple name into a complex one!

I could test out my welding skillzzzz!!!
    With Brooks there, you have the perfect opportunity to learn and you should take advantage of that. I've got the skills and if I had Brooks' tooling, I'd be dangerous.

Comment

Stacy told me I could have one as soon as I buy or build us a house that has a game room... would it be silly to buy another house just so I could have a table like this? jk
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Rachel, you could start with something simple like these. No welding or fabrication needed. I put a few together a while back and gave them to my brothers and friends as gifts. The piston is on my desk at work and the timing chain is hanging in my living room.

Sorry about the phone pic quality.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
          Stacy told me I could have one as soon as I buy or build us a house that has a game room... would it be silly to buy another house just so I could have a table like this? jk
          Probably not.

But remember,

Duct tape turns No, No, No, into mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

With Brooks there, you have the perfect opportunity to learn and you should take advantage of that. I've got the skills and if I had Brooks' tooling, I'd be dangerous.
            He's shown me some things... I've tested my welding once.. It's fun but I get overly excited and rush too much(it looked decent for my first time,I thought?!?!).. Same with the plasma cutter,LOVED it.. but rushed with it! LOL. I'll get it down sooner or later

That timing chain is Bad Ass!!!!

Comment

My dad makes all kinds of wierd shit - way more inventive than I am.

He uses nuts, bolts, spark plugs, washers, nails, coat hanger etc.. all to make what I call 'golf scenes'. Golf carts, people swinging clubs all kinds of wierd shit. He uses all gas welding, no electric welding.

Comment

I dig those too. I made a clock a couple months ago out of a 1958 chevy air cleaner canister

Yes I know it slightly resembles the KISS tongue lol

Comment

I like the timing chain clock - I've been looking for something different to do besides the $10 target clock I've got hanging there. And I've got the parts (but I'll prolly get it all shiny and shit before it hangs up)

Comment

I've had this idea for a long time and I have built lots of stuff out of car parts but when Crash posted the table he pin stripped...
                    You mean pin "striped"? You got strippers on the brain man...

Are you going to sale the table or keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post
                      You mean pin "striped"? You got strippers on the brain man...

Are you going to sale the table or keep it.
                      Yeah I noticed that when Aaron replied. I guess it's a good thing I didn't put it in the title.

I'll keep this one but I do have the parts to make more.

Comment

I dig those too. I made a clock a couple months ago out of a 1958 chevy air cleaner canister
                        I like the canister. Wanna trade?

Comment

I like the canister. Wanna trade?
                          lol maybe, I'll have to see where I could put the table

Comment

I don't know...but I really like it. I would take some of those for our office at home. My husband would shit though if I started putting his mustang parts together for furniture!

Comment

Now you got me thinking again. When I put together that clock I was looking for a tailgate for a 65ish chevy truck to make a seat out of... so I just looked on CL and found 2 for cheap

will look something like this, but lower obviously, and then they fold down to sit on.

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Now you got me thinking again. When I put together that clock I was looking for a tailgate for a 65ish chevy truck to make a seat out of... so I just looked on CL and found 2 for cheap

will look something like this, but lower obviously, and then they fold down to sit on.
                                Bad link, Chris.

Here's an adjustable arm rest I built for a buddy to use in his tattoo shop. I posted pictures in my Pinstriping thread, but some of you may not have seen it, and since we're talking about stuff made out of car parts, I thought it belonged in here. The base is some sort of bellhousing/coupler we found at the scrap yard. The part that comes up that's green is a cut down '57 Ford driveshaft. The tube that slides inside it, that adjusts up and down, is a piece of left over roll cage tubing from the '55. I don't have any good pics of the top yet, but I used an old cut up Muncie shifter handle to tighten it down (the first picture shows the first handle I made for it and didn't like it), and had my buddy pad and cover it with some old school, blue metal flake vinyl ! It looks awesome !

This was before I striped it, obviously.

And after the painting.

Comment

Working...
                                X