• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Camaro Rat Rod - Only $150K

1,000+ HP = Cool
    Making a brand new car look like a piece of shit = Lame
    Charging $150K for a car that looks like a piece of shit = Lamer

There are hot rods. There are rat rods. Then there's this: A new Camaro SS that's been speed-rusted and deglossed into junkyard condition while getting a 1,000-hp supercharged engine — and it only cost $150,000.

The brand-new $150,000 Camaro rat-rod

There are hot rods. There are rat rods. Then there's this: A new Camaro SS that's been speed-rusted and deglossed into junkyard condition while getting a 1,000-hp supercharged engine — and it only cost $150,000.

Long Island hot rodders Dave Sherer and Anthony Musilli often show off their well-restored rides during Hot Rod magazine's annual Power Tour. For this year tour with the 2010 Camaro's owner Bill Rombauts, Sherer said they wanted something no one would expect.

"Because no one else has the balls to do it," Sherer told Jalopnik. "Everyone else is making them clean."

The exterior took about a week of non-stop labor to transform from showcar state to Craigslist concours. Beyond just grinding off paint, the team rubbed salt on the open metal to speed rust, repainted and sanded some areas for better colors, and kicked dents into the trim for that put-away-wet look. The hood is slightly misaligned, the badges are off and the grille's broken.

Rombauts' Camaro already had a tuned engine under the hood, but Sherer said that was insufficient: "Everyone has Camaros now that make 650. We don't want to be like everyone." Starting with a GM Performance Parts block bored and stroked to 485 cubic inches, the gang ordered up special heads, exhaust and cams, topped with a Bell supercharger that makes the unit good for at least 1,000 hp (Monday will be its inaugural trip to a dragstrip)

That's just stupid.

Comment

The only thing I like about this story...

"Craigslist concours"

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

they should have turned a vw into a "rat rod"

Comment

wow.....

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
            they should have turned a vw into a "rat rod"
            They call em volks rods. They are hideous
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I feel like I would need a tetanus shot just to get close to it.

Comment

Sad. At least it wasn't a Mustang though.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Comment

Fuckin' retodded
                    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

thats retarded
                      2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                      2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

I kinda dig it. It has this dirty Mad Max feel to it. If the interior hasnt been done to match they failed. I do think it is overpriced, but I would rock it (just not for 150k).

Comment

That is just retarded. They took a 575 hp car and made it look like shit.

Comment

Ghey

Comment

shits gotten way outta hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X