Drag strip videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag strip videos

Just playing around with the internets and figured I'd upload these to youtube for fun. The car isn't really setup for drag racing, but it does alright...

"It's dirty on the top end."

Pretty cool in my book!

Comment

where's the gay flat-biller music douching out all of the sound?
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I can put hip-hop or house music over the engine sound if anyone likes....

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          I can put hip-hop or house music over the engine sound if anyone likes....
          perfect! your choice of "core" will suffice as well
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

So I'm trying to remember...that is a pretty stock LS2 with no cam, tune, or anything...right?

It amazes me to compare here. My first Mustang (silver 90' coupe that Glenn used to have) ran about like that in the early 90's with gears, slicks, skinnies, MAF, short belt, disconnected front sway bar, rear control arms, built T5, good clutch and shifter...pretty much every other trick of that time...and a 150 shot. I had A LOT of seat time in that car both on the street and at the track....best time slip I can remember was a 7.70 @95 at Kennebelly...but it did cut some 1.56 60' times (I was micro-switching the nitrous and dumping the clutch into it ).

...and here you are granny launching on radials and being what appears to be pretty easy on it, running the same times. Now imagine what that thing would do if you were just going for some traction and a hole shot...and then with a 150 shot on it! Nice.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Yes it just has a cam (SBC with a 3/4 race cam) and I did have it tuned to make it run well. One of the best things about the car to me that makes it worth all the work I put into it is how tame it is on the street. It doesn't buck or surge at all even in high gear and it rides and stops perfect for me. I'm just getting too old to deal with that kind of crap anymore. Next project will be to get the A/C and radio fixed up and re-do the interior to make it nice and quite. By the time that's all done it should be exempt for smog checks and I can actually drive it legally....

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Yes it just has a cam (SBC with a 3/4 race cam) and I did have it tuned to make it run well. One of the best things about the car to me that makes it worth all the work I put into it is how tame it is on the street. It doesn't buck or surge at all even in high gear and it rides and stops perfect for me. I'm just getting too old to deal with that kind of crap anymore. Next project will be to get the A/C and radio fixed up and re-do the interior to make it nice and quite. By the time that's all done it should be exempt for smog checks and I can actually drive it legally....
                Damn, sounds like what I want in a fox.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Who's the fucking hippy in the first vid?

Comment

Working...
                  X