No announcement yet.

Got a big box of goodies today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random thought that just came to mind - Does the Mast Motorsports equipment provide cruise control or is that something that has to be added aftermarket?

Comment

That combination will make just a touch over 400rwhp.
      The MAST ecm is a major pain in the ass to tune. Its simply a marine ecm and harness. Exact same part as the one Mastercraft uses in their boats (MAST does not supply MC with the part).

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        Random thought that just came to mind - Does the Mast Motorsports equipment provide cruise control or is that something that has to be added aftermarket?
        Not readily at the moment, but the harness has some extra circuitry in it that they claim to be there to support additional "future options like cruise control".

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
        That combination will make just a touch over 400rwhp.
        The MAST ecm is a major pain in the ass to tune. Its simply a marine ecm and harness. Exact same part as the one Mastercraft uses in their boats (MAST does not supply MC with the part).
        That's good news....confirms their claim of ~500 flywheel hp.....15-20% drivetrain loss should put it just a little over 400 to the tires.

If you read up on their stuff they do indicate it to be the marine ECM....they use it for the versatility it provides in mounting locations.

So why do you say it's hard to tune? Actually seems really easy to me, with the MAST provided software. Not really worried about it too much myself anyway, b/c I hope to not be tuning on it all the time once it's dialed in....isn't that the reason for EFI over carb in the first place?
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

any update on this beast....i noticed you dont have it in your sig anymore and was wondering....

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
            any update on this beast....i noticed you dont have it in your sig anymore and was wondering....
            He sold it a while back.

Comment

All the goodies in the first post are going into the Chevelle.

Comment

Originally posted by mustgofaster View Post
                $1750 really doesn't sound bad to me. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of coin, but for everything you got, it sounds descent.
                coming from the diesel world where EVERYTHING costs $1750, it sounds like a HELL of a deal! LOL
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                  He sold it a while back.
                  Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  All the goodies in the first post are going into the Chevelle.
                  wow....i guess everything does have a price tag on it!

that was a beautiful car!

lets see that chevelle!

Comment

wow....i guess everything does have a price tag on it!

that was a beautiful car!

lets see that chevelle!
                    It's the red convertible in his sig.
                    This is a long read...so bear with me.... I know its a long shot but thought I'd see about you fellows out here. I also know I'm likely to get flamed hard on this one, but here goes. I have ALWAYS liked the looks of the older 911's....particularly the 964 and 992 era. Did a lot of reaserch on them many years ago at a time

Comment

Nice.

I have a little LSx swap in the works as well.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                        Nice.

I have a little LSx swap in the works as well.
                        post it up yo!

i was like reading about builds like that....really motivates me to someday finish my f100...

Comment

post it up yo!

i was like reading about builds like that....really motivates me to someday finish my f100...
                          I will be doing just that, but not now - it's in the 'boring' stages now.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                            I will be doing just that, but not now - it's in the 'boring' stages now.
                            yeah thats where im at right now.... notching the rear, re-doing the whole front suspension with a crown vic front clip....the truck came with i-beam suspension and not a big fan of it.

Hoping once the wedding is over i can start dumping my money back in it...damn women!

Comment

Yup...the Camaro went to a new owner back in the summer. Wasn't officially for sale, but the money offer was right on it as a roller and the timing was also right b/c at the time I was feeling a little overwhelmed with 3 projects going all at once, and also wanting something fun to drive too.

So I decided to sell it...I used the funds to buy my 911, and also kept the 6.0, T56, all of the MAST stuff, and other misc accessories for my Chevelle project. The Chevelle has turned into a full frame-off nut & bolt body resto, and I've bought/collected a ton of stuff for the driveline, suspension, etc. I think it's going to be the best one I've turned out yet...pulling out all the stops for this one. I'll start a real build thread on it before too long, but a hint of what I have to start....

- Gen IV 6.0 with ported L92's & LS3 valves, MAST Stg-II Camshaft, LS3 Intake (hope to employ Brooks on a turbo too)
                              - Magnum T56 Trans
                              - Fresh 12-bolt with Brute Strength Carrier and 4.10 gears
                              - Replacement Frame (Modded/reinforced GM A-body)
                              - All RideTech Coilover suspension...literally everything available for an A-body.
                              - Baer Brakes - Pro Kit with 13" Rotors front & rear.
                              - Wheel Vintiques Billet SS - 18x8 front with 275/40/18's and 18x9.5 Rear with 305/35/18's (same wheels as before but with new tires)

The Body has been completely stripped, everything boxed and labeled, and the shell was soda blasted week before last...we're installing full quarters and re-doing a bunch of previous work that I wasn't happy with....some to the lower cowl, some in the floors, some in the trunk, and some in the rear panel. I don't expect the body to be ready for paint until around Feb-Mar....even though it's the original color, the car will no longer be red when it's done.

Nevertheless, stay tuned....I'll start up a build thread pretty soon.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X