Any jeep or 4x4 guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any jeep or 4x4 guys here?

Looking to pick up my first off road rig, or jeep, anyone else here 4x4? Any decent places around the metroplex? Budget is only 5k so won't be much.

There a many of us in here. What ya looking for, full size, hard core, mid level, what? I have been building 4x4's for a while. Since we are in the picture forum I will save you with a pic.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Your best bet is to make the short trip out to Gilmer IMO.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        There a many of us in here. What ya looking for, full size, hard core, mid level, what? I have been building 4x4's for a while. Since we are in the picture forum I will save you with a pic.

Entry newb level lol

Comment

While we are on this subject, what are the differences between a yj and tj jeep?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            While we are on this subject, what are the differences between a yj and tj jeep?

The biggest is the coil spring suspension on the TJ. YJ's had leaf springs like the CJ's.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Your best bet is to make the short trip out to Gilmer IMO.
              The one thing about Barnswell is that the trails are changing dramatically, what was not so challenging last year in some places is downright hardcore this year.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

This Gilmer place sounds pretty good, if anyone will let me ride shotgun one day out there I'll pay for all your gas and beer

Comment

I'm looking to get back into it. A nice Cherokee is what I'm thinking, nothing crazy.

This would be perfect:

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    I'm looking to get back into it. A nice Cherokee is what I'm thinking, nothing crazy.

This would be perfect:
                    I bought a XJ 2 years ago with for a project rig. I quickly found I didn't have time to mess with it. Wish I could've done something with that damn thing. They can be found cheap as hell and super easy to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      The biggest is the coil spring suspension on the TJ. YJ's had leaf springs like the CJ's.

here is another one

wow i really like this one: (just more than I want/would spend)

Lets use this one as an example. Are there any major call-outs or 'red flags' on this rig? Price seems reasonable but any warning signs?

(sorry for the thread hijack jfurst)

Comment

This would be perfect:
                        That would be badass, I've always liked those and would like to own one someday

Comment

This would be perfect:

That makes me miss mine.

Comment

What year was your's? Obv pre 97. I really dig the 97+ but they are spendy.

Comment

Nothing beats earlier generation Cherokee with the 4.0L I6. Those things are cheap, reliable, and will take lots of abuse. Pretty decent crawlers in stock form.

Comment

Working...
                              X