• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My truck project

Been toying with this truck for a while

1974 dodge D100 short bed

Has a warmed over 360 engine, auto trans and peg leg rear

Things next on the list are installing the new rear end I'm putting together now
    with 4:11 gears and a posi unit
    Then comes the plate system, new fuel system, and carb change.

Runs pretty good right now, but it's one tire on fire as long as I hold the pedal more then
    3/4.....

Hoping the posi and gear change helps that while giving me a better 60 foot time

I know most here won't like the old piece, but I like having something you don't see at
    the local shows, and track days.

Gatta decide on a paint job though

Awesome truck man. Sounds good.

Comment

I love that body style Dodge truck. It sounds good too.
      I used to have a 79 with a pretty stout 360 that I miss a lot.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

sounds good!

Comment

I'd drive that truck as it sits.

Comment

Thanks. I know anything other than the usual is not always going to be liked by the masses
            but thats why I chose this.

Got a lot more to do, but it's pretty fun as it is, and in this middle of nowhere town I live in it seems
            to get attention already.

Can't wait till the paint and interior gets done. trying to decide on keeping the stock rims with
            a different tire size, or go with something else. Those front tires are killing the ride

Comment

That's a nice truck. I hated that body style when it was in production, but now I really like it - especially the short bed single cab. Congrats on doing something different from everybody else.

Comment

Working...
              X