weekend project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend project

well i decided to get started on my weekend project a little early, we are 3 months away from out little boy being born so i think its time to start getting the room ready, i surprised my lady with the baby furniture earlier this week ( gliding chair, 1 dresser for now and a changing table)

here is what we started with

got my grandfather in laws spray gun out and went to town with 2 coats of primer

installed the new blinds we bought at home depot for 30 dollars

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

the little mess the spray gun made

as i was walking out after putting up the blinds i noticed this on the floor

Comment

we have the carpet guy coming over today to give us an estimate, my father in law and mother in law are coming over tomorrow to actually paint the room, after that is done i will just need to assemble the furniture and we will be done :-)

Comment

Put up some chair railing. I did this a month ago for my sister and it makes her nursery look really good. Especially with the two tone paint scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          Put up some chair railing. I did this a month ago for my sister and it makes her nursery look really good. Especially with the two tone paint scheme.
          we were actually thinking about doing this but didnt know how much work it would actually be, how hard was it? is it glued on or nailed in?

Comment

Good luck with everything. just remember to prep everything well and it will come out fine.

Here is how ours turned out. I wish we could keep it this clean.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              we were actually thinking about doing this but didnt know how much work it would actually be, how hard was it? is it glued on or nailed in?
              I nailed hers in. If you have a pancake air compressor with a nail gun and a compound miter saw its as easy as can be. Spend 30 bucks on the molding and it really makes the room pop. Time wise took about 30 minutes to do the room. Thats caulking and all.

Comment

DUDE! I see ghosts in your pictures! Look at all those floating orbs!

Comment

Here is the room I did for our son:

Of course when our daughter was born my girl just had to one up me :P

Almost everything in our daughters room she hand made including the letters of her name above the crib, the mobile birds, stuffed owls on the shelves, the picture frame with the beretts and the hat/clothes rack above the changing table. And the tree and all the birds she hand drew before painting as well.

Comment

we aint going all out just plain and simple, here is the room painted my my FIL,

i got bored watching the mavs game and decided to start building the baby furniture

this is what the outcome came out to, could not put it all because the bed wont fit thru the door frame so i have to tear it down and build it back up tomorrow after we lay down the carpet

this is me doing the dresser

Comment

Fun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post

[/IMG]
                        Is that a bottle of baileys in the hall? If yes I have full right to revoke your man card!!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

So, "SMILE" to you means "Show the top of your head"? LOL
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Is that a bottle of baileys in the hall? If yes I have full right to revoke your man card!!
                              i dont know what it is, my lady has had it there since before i moved in, we use it as a door stop

Comment

Working...
                              X