• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 FORD FAIRLANE FE 427 4sp"REAL" THUNDERBOLT #68/100

man i want this car!!!!

That is sweet!

Comment

yea the owner is getting bashed with questions!! for that kind of money i really would have an expert inspect it first

Comment

One of my all time favorites

Comment

Bad ass car but way too rich for my blood.

Comment

Q: Read your smart ass comment below on ad and for FYI we raced these cars new and still own one.You certainly must be a dunb ass as if you were NOT you would know the things not RIGHT on the car.It's kinda like when someone else told you it was Dearborn Steel Tubing not Detroit so again your stupidity.I seriously doubt you had all those cars you claimed but no matter.And for your smart ass remake about NO money,money isn't a measure of a man,it's what you do with and let me see you buy your way into HEAVEN ASS HOLE! May-05-11

A: HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! YOU LOST!! When you don't have the intelligence to make a reasonable argument based on facts so you step down to child type name calling and condeming and judging someone you don't even know or what they have done with other people in their lives or how they will end up, then you are the one that is hurting your chances for Heaven!

Q: Dont you love ALL of the computer muscle car experts who dont have a tenth of the money to purchase such a beautiful piece of auto history but will nitpick it to death with no intetion of EVER buying it? Nice car and I hope some one who really appreciates it wins it GOOD LUCK! May-04-11

A: THANKS!! I didn't even post 1/2 of the nit-pickers comments. One of the last ones said he KNOWS THUNDERBOLTS and this one has 10 things wrong with it he could list and the last one sold for $150K and we would never get close to the asking price. Last one we know about sold for $275K and not as good as this one. I asked him to send me the list and the correct items from pictures of HIS THUNDERBOLT to compare! Like he really has one/just a jealous nit-picker that was no where around when they came off the line or from Dearborn Steel Tubing to be the//authority// he now is! Tom

Comment

Always had a soft spot for those car's.

The comments are so annoying, gotta love these keyboard warriors these day's.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                Always had a soft spot for those car's.

The comments are so annoying, gotta love these keyboard warriors these day's.
                yea i do too! hell i'd love to have just a 64' fairlane doesn't necessarily have to be a clone!

over at the hamb forums they have a epic 100 page thread about these cars

Comment

no thanks!

Comment

Dream car right there, but there are a lot of other cars I would have first for that much. Not that I can afford any of them lol.
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      yea i do too! hell i'd love to have just a 64' fairlane doesn't necessarily have to be a clone!

over at the hamb forums they have a epic 100 page thread about these cars

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=136384
                      Yeah back when I was younger my dad bought a 64 fairlane, I was too young and too stupid to pursue the restoration.

2 years after I finally started thinking how I wanted to build it, oh well.....

Wanted the thunderbolt bumpers and that awesome tear drop hood.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                        Yeah back when I was younger my dad bought a 64 fairlane, I was too young and too stupid to pursue the restoration.

2 years after I finally started thinking how I wanted to build it, oh well.....

Wanted the thunderbolt bumpers and that awesome tear drop hood.
                        that's a shame! yea the hood really fits that car perfectly. i've been keeping an eye out for a nice fairlane but those 2-door post cars are hard to find! all i ever see are coupes or 4-doors

Comment

I have my aunts 64 2 door sedan sitting in my garage that was bought brand new in 64. Original Black with red interior. I purchased it in 79. Have all the Crites stuff ie fenders, hood, valance, bumpers for it. My project when I retire. I'll try to get some pics this weekend and post. As a teaser, here a pic of the other Fairlane in my garage, my oldest son Pat's 63. Originally, we were going to rebuild the 64 for his first car, but upon opening it up, found some serious Pa. rot that had to be addressed. Knowing that it was going to take a while , we dug around and found the 63.. Came from Arkansas as a one Gandma owned car. Original copper with a white top. My good friend Jeff Sundberg painted it for us. No rot, just old lady dings. As you can see we used the Crites hood when we first refinished the car. Later, he got the bug and hung the fenders and bumpers to check the fit. Crites stuff iis worth the price. Now powered by a 347 and backed by a C4.

Last edited by 68RR; 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM.
                          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Nice!

Going to build an FE setup for it?

Comment

What is the history on what makes that car so special?

Comment

Working...
                              X