Antagonizing police video....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
    stereotype more, thats typical of most LEO. I have not once been issued a ticket for anything other than speeding. My cars all sit on factory wheels and factory height suspension.

I have been pulled over probably 30 times in 10 years and given 3 tickets.

Give me a fucking break. this must be why every jurisdiction charges the same for the same violation right?

ABC reported last month that a parking ticket in Dallas county cost 25% of the same ticket in tarrant county.

Now you can try and justify speed traps on I20 at 3pm.
    WTF does factory wheels and suspension have to do with the price of tea in China?

Let me let you in on a little clue Scooter, the law enforcement agency does NOT set the fine scale.

What speed details aka speed traps are you talking about? The FWPD traffic unit does not work at those hours. The DWI Enforcement section of the traffic units can be the only ones out there at that time of the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
      Checkpoints do clean the streets of drunks, so in that respect they do work. I also think driving is a privilege, not a right. This is where my strong support of "probable cause" hits a snag, and I may have just shit all over our Bill of Rights.

I don't think cops have the right to stop me without pc, but I should have all my credentials and nothing to fear prosecution for, or else I would not be sharing the public roadway, so why not? I want everyone sharing the road with me to have the same moral weight on their shoulders to be licensed, insured, legal and sober. Nowadays, with all the incidents of uninsured, illegal, and drunk drivers, it's really out of hand. If it takes road blocks and random checks, I'm all for it. I'm just tired of all these irrisponsible fucks we're forced to share the road with, clean the streets. I'll give up 10 minutes at a roadblock for that.

Although as someone said in this thread earlier, it's risky to give the police officers this authority because they are sure to abuse it. This is very true. With the good comes the bad.

Anyone been to Arizona? Forget pc, everyone is subject or profiling, and everyone is stopped multiple times on the interstates at random USBP checkpoints.

Whatever, that's my two cents people.
      You have a strong grasp on how the system works.

If those bitching about checkpoints want to build their own roads, they are free to do so and drive them unlicensed, uninsured, and drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        You have a strong grasp on how the system works.

If those bitching about checkpoints want to build their own roads, they are free to do so and drive them unlicensed, uninsured, and drunk.
        I've been stopped four times in ten years, for minor violations including "dim tag light". I didn't get angry, I realized that I fit a profile, and after I checked out completely, I was free to go. I'm not resentful, I see it as good police work. There are times daily on our roads that I'm behind someone, and I think "If I was a LEO, I'd stop him" for profile reasons, or just a hunch. I can't imagine holding the authority to do so, I'd stop everyone.

I feel that a lot of those who oppose the checkpoints regularly drive illegally. You can bitch about civil liberties all you want, but it will just compound the problem of irresponsible driving, which is a much larger problem then taking up my 10 minutes at a checkpoint.

Thank you officers for enforcing the law, and you have my permission to wipe your ass with the civil liberties of anyone sharing the public road with us law abiding citizens.

Comment

• Officers should not profile, only work off of observable violations and victim/witness descriptions.

Comment

Officers should not profile, only work off of observable violations and victim/witness descriptions.
            Explain to me why there are checkpoints again?

Comment

Officers should not profile, only work off of observable violations and victim/witness descriptions.
              I disagree, it's a helpful and logical tool. Detectives and other members of law enforcement use it, i think traffic cops should as well. Reguardless of what is stated under oath, authorities use profiling everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Explain to me why there are checkpoints again?
                FWPD does not do them. Please don't ask me to explain the doings of other agencies.

Comment

Working...
                X