oh yeah, i bought a bmw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh yeah, i bought a bmw!

i guess i never posted here.. ive never owned a mustang, YES!

copy and pasted from the original build thread

my build.. one car garage.. two hands.. hand tools, fuck the world!

the day i got it..

super clean 84 325e

as it was..

after GC coil over conversion..

still waiting on my camber plates.. GC kinda dropped the ball on shipping them to me, but i aint mad cause he's been alot of help with me calling every two seconds asking the dumbest of questions.. so i have the canmber plates and new rear shock mounts to install beofre i bring it back home.. gas is $3.25/gal. and going up so i gotta hurry up so i can park my truck for the summer!

anyways a few more.. anyone have any wheel ideas throw them at me, also any suggestions for a brake upgrade those will be my last few additions.. also looking at radios if anyone has suggestions!

THE BAD HOMBRE

So this is where i stand.

got all the suspension in. ground control coilover conversion, billstein sports, and gc camber plates. got calipers off a 91 IS and rebuilt them and upgraded the pads to a set of Hawk somethin'oranothers

i installed the coils in run all the way down and the plates tucked all the way in.. i havent driven the car but maybe 200 miles at this point so i dont know if i will be readjusting any settings just yet.. STILL NEED TO ORDER A SWAY BAR.. i keep forgetting that.

pics

so my driver seat is like BROKE, so ive been drumming up some interior i deas.. i bought a "cardinal" rear seat cheap locally so i just kinda ran with it.. only to find out that the seat is recovered in a lighter brighter shade than what i believe cardinal to be..

So i found a set of seats out of a 91 coupe that i would like to recover but for now plan on getting two black wet okele's to get me by. i'd almost rather find two race seats cheap if anyone has any ideas

pic

ok.. so the eta motor flat out sucks.. i was {} this close to buying an "i" head and taking that swap on but ran across an m50tub25 at the junk yard. it came with a 30 day warranty and they showed me the car it came out of, i figured wit was worth a shot.. downside.. no harness

So this is where i last left the car.. i spent 10 hours dealing with that stupid motor and how to get it out of my truck..

Dont really know where to begin as this is my first time tackling a motor swap.. (Done a few motorcycles, but no cars)

definately going to clean the motor up and paint it BMW blue.. if anyone has any suggestions on what to do as far as inspecting this motor please feel free to chime in. As of this posting i have not purchased any swap parts so if anyone is selling anything i would need, especially around the DALLAS are please let me know.

'cheers
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I think the fart pipe made the car. :-) If you like it, more power to you. Older cars are starting to have more appeal to me now days.

Comment

Cool, I had one of those a few years back, it ran forever with regular maintinance. I thought everyone was swapping 'I' head on the E for a super ETA engine though?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's pretty cool, man. I dig the 80s/early 90s Bimmers. What bolt pattern/backspacing are the wheels?

Comment

Ditch the muffler, I have a softspot for e30's

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              Cool, I had one of those a few years back, it ran forever with regular maintinance. I thought everyone was swapping 'I' head on the E for a super ETA engine though?
              24v m50 s50/52s are all the rage now.. i bought my motor from a junkkyard. in the post i talked about daily driving it but everytime i put a couple hundred miles on it on the street somethin else fucks up.. as of now i think its going to slowly become an autoX/tollway clover leaf car.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                Ditch the muffler, I have a softspot for e30's
                hate the muffler. motor swap coming soon exhaust will be redone
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  24v m50 s50/52s are all the rage now.. i bought my motor from a junkkyard. in the post i talked about daily driving it but everytime i put a couple hundred miles on it on the street somethin else fucks up.. as of now i think its going to slowly become an autoX/tollway clover leaf car.
                  thinking either ls1, 1JZ<this, or SR20 <or this.. 5.0 if i ever end up really tracking it out
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                    thinking either ls1, 1JZ<this, or SR20 <or this.. 5.0 if i ever end up really tracking it out
                    I've considered an sr20det for one of my e30 m3's but decided with the euro s50.I sent you a pm

Comment

hate the muffler, love everything else
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Why is there a black guy in your garage?!?

Comment

Other than pan clearance issues, why not an LS based swap?
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I really like these wheels in black or dark gray on those cars....

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                              That's pretty cool, man. I dig the 80s/early 90s Bimmers. What bolt pattern/backspacing are the wheels?
                              these are factory BBS wheels. 4x100 14x6.5 et32

plan to run 16x8 or 16x9 all around.. again depending how tracky i make it want a cage in it more than anything
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X