2006 Z71 CCSB
      2004 Mustang GT - SOLD
      2003 F-150 - SOLD
      2000 Ford F-250 - SOLD
      1987 GT - SOLD
      1971 F-100 - SOLD

No more Fords

Comment

I'll post more when time permits...love the '47 and up Chevy trucks.
        2006 Z71 CCSB
        2004 Mustang GT - SOLD
        2003 F-150 - SOLD
        2000 Ford F-250 - SOLD
        1987 GT - SOLD
        1971 F-100 - SOLD

No more Fords

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
          Thanks man. I'm very happy with how this truck has turned out. Only thing I would like to do is lower it a little more and swap it to 5 lug.

Gotcha. I'll definitely be looking for an LS of some variety for the next project.

I'm going to put some carpet in it after Christmas and put it on eBay. It's definitely daily driveable. I've been driving it back and forth from Allen to Sherman with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever since I've gotten all the little bugs worked out.

-Aaron
          Aaron,

What did those wheels come off of? wondering where Ican find a set that need to be cleaned up and if they are usually decent prices? I want to get some larger wheels eventually but would like to go with something like yours with my current setup.

Trucks looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Buglemintoday View Post
            I'm not real crazy about all the orange. It's almost overboard to me. And the shaved turn signal/park lights in the hood look weird. I guess I'm just used to seeing them there that it looks strange without them.

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
            Aaron,

What did those wheels come off of? wondering where Ican find a set that need to be cleaned up and if they are usually decent prices? I want to get some larger wheels eventually but would like to go with something like yours with my current setup.

Trucks looking good!
            Thanks !

Man, I went through 9 original steel wheels to find 4 that weren't bent or rusted out. I had the 4 off of this truck, and between the '58 and '59 Chevy pickups I've got, I had 5 more. Are you planning on swapping it to 5 lug, or 6 lug disc ? If you can find them, they actually made 3/4 ton 6 lug trucks with steel wheels that will fit on a 6 lug disc swap in the '73-87 trucks. I would imagine they're hard to find in any kind of decent shape though.

I know a guy that has a bunch of the '60-66 trucks, so I may be able to find a set of 6 lug steel wheels if you need them.

-Aaron
            Last edited by CRASH; 12-16-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

My dad has a pair of 6 lug steelies. I'll see if he wants to unload them.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I've had an itch to pick up a roller and do a 5.3 in it. They can be had pretty cheap, I've seen several that were sub $500. The 62-66 model seem like they are easier to be had on the cheap. Anyone seen any decent rollers around in the $1k range?
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                X