Hail of a time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
    It was coming hard and fast? Wouldnt hail fall at only one speed?
    Nope, small pea sized hail can come down at 20 mph while 3" can go 100+mph. The rock and feather drop comparison is out the window when you are dealing with vertical wind speeds.

Comment

I'm in burleson and I thought the window on the east side of my house was going break. That shit was coming down hard. Luckily the cars were in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
        I'm in burleson and I thought the window on the east side of my house was going break. That shit was coming down hard. Luckily the cars were in the garage.
        One of my son's friends said it did break his bedroom window.

Comment

I just had a Farmers adjuster come out last week. All my roof vent caps have moderate damage. I have damage to the gutters on the west side of the house. And quite a bit of roof damage with several missing shingles from the last big hail storm. One of the skylights has a damaged gasket. However, no damage to our American Standard A/C unit. Roughly a $7K estimate. Farmers Help Point has been pretty good to me. Deductible is the standard 1%. No hassles when filing claims. People on my block with two story homes got pummeled with the high wind gusts.

And as I type this...it's hailing marble size hail with 7 mph winds out of the north. And with three skylights, it's quite loud and obnoxious. This is getting old in a hurry.

Comment

That's no lie, this is the first home I've lived in with a sky light. It happens to be right next to my bedroom in the bathroom and when we just got some hail, it was LOUD.

I thought it was the end of the world or something, so went to check it out... yea... it was only pea size hail.

Comment

Was blown out of bed about 4:50am Sunday morning to loud banging on the roof and window behind my head. Turns out a severe storm blew into Red Oak hail end first.......no lightning or thunder or rain....just golfball sized hail...for about 5 minutes non-stop...THEN the lightning and thunder and heavy rain. My truck has significant hail damage on the hood and roof but luckily no broken glass.

Comment

*note to self, after hailstorm go around & on top of house and beat everything in sight with a ball peen hammer to get more insurance moneyz

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                  This is the view at 4:00 am this morning. Have some pretty good dents in the truck and car. (not the camaro, it is in the garage) Stuff was coming down hard and fast. Wonder if I can get a new roof out of this.

Don't call allstate yet Barry!! Let me know if you need a roofer referral. Have it looked at for the sake of damage control / inspection but don't call it in unless it's a for sure total. Feel free to call me for the long form explanation
                  Originally posted by Vertnut
                  I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                    Yeah and the jagged ping pong sized shit that came down around 11:30-12:00 last night chipped more paint on cars than I've seen in a long time No pdr for them!
                    Originally posted by Vertnut
                    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                      Don't call allstate yet Barry!! Let me know if you need a roofer referral. Have it looked at for the sake of damage control / inspection but don't call it in unless it's a for sure total. Feel free to call me for the long form explanation

You change your number?

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        You change your number?
                        It's under her screenname!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                          It's under her screenname!
                          LOL, I am blind as a bat. Got a hold of her. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X