My project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Are you going to hire someone with testicles to drive it for you?

That's why I had to buy a burb, mine are so huge no normal car will carry them.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

I like. You plannin on makin big power or stock or what? Needs cummins though lol
        2000 Dodge 4x4 qclb Sport 4'' lift and 35's

Comment

Sweet project.

What wheel/tire combo are you going with? Will there be any lift, or left to look stock-ish?

I hope you put it back on stock style wheels with 31" BFG AT, maybe 1" Body lift... Has anyone else done this that you have for reference? Specifically, the trans tunnel fit.

If it didn't have AC in it, are you going to add AC?

One of the many upsides about this is you may put 20K (or a lot more) in it by the time you're done, but someone will buy it for whatever you have in it. An old suburban that's been resto-modded will bring the dough (assuming it's tastefully done).

I bet you could sell the old chassis to someone restoring a sub somewhere. It's probably not a hot commodity, but it has a value.
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Fuck yeah!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Pimp! Those subs were the best looking out of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                I like. You plannin on makin big power or stock or what? Needs cummins though lol
                It'll be mainly stock. I'll have to work over the computer to fiddle with the emissions b.s. So while I'm in the computer I'm sure I'll tweak the performance a little bit.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                  What wheel/tire combo are you going with? Will there be any lift, or left to look stock-ish?

I hope you put it back on stock style wheels with 31" BFG AT, maybe 1" Body lift... Has anyone else done this that you have for reference? Specifically, the trans tunnel fit.

If it didn't have AC in it, are you going to add AC?

One of the many upsides about this is you may put 20K (or a lot more) in it by the time you're done, but someone will buy it for whatever you have in it. An old suburban that's been resto-modded will bring the dough (assuming it's tastefully done).

I bet you could sell the old chassis to someone restoring a sub somewhere. It's probably not a hot commodity, but it has a value.

More than likely it'll sit on 16x8 steelies with stock trim rings and caps. In the first pic it's sitting on 32's The rear section of the new frame sits up higher than the original frame so once I get the body mounted it should be tall enough to sit on at least 33's if not 35's with the stock suspension. I don't want to go up too tall because I will haul with this truck and want it to be reasonably stable.

Nobody I know of has done this before. There is a guy on the truck forum that has one on a 99 classic frame and it looks nice. A little too much frame showing below the body, so I'm hoping not to do that.

Had A/C front and rear, both still there. Going to reuse the rear and use a vintage air system in the front so I can clean up the firewall and have more space in the engine compartment.

Going to try to use the seats out of a tahoe so I can have the suitcase seats in the very back and fold downs in the middle with buckets in the front.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

cool build

Comment

One thing I like about it is that it's very roomy, but it's still shorter than a late model single cab long bed by 6". Shouldn't be too bulky in parking lots, but still play the family truckster role.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Makes me want a 91 GMC Suburban

Comment

Nice Project

Comment

Awesome! I want one of those old Suburbans next time around. I've been following this guy's story for a while now (he went about it the more difficult way but still very cool no less).... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=303017
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              Awesome! I want one of those old Suburbans next time around. I've been following this guy's story for a while now (he went about it the more difficult way but still very cool no less).... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=303017
                              Yeah, I read his thread when I first got the burb. He went with a cummins in the original frame lots of work, but a great project.

I looked at putting the dmax in the original frame, but I knew I wanted 3/4ton capabilities, and would have had to modify the shit out of the frame. Figured it would be easier and more cost beneficial to put mod the body to fit a newer frame. Plus I get to reap the benefits of 30+ years of engineering in the suspension, steering, and frame design.

Have you seen the guy on there that is making a Tahoe out of his burb?
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Nice, I am working on getting my 72 K/5 on the road again. I love the looks of these Suburbans and Blazers with the early body styles.

Comment

Working...
                                X