Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really think everyone needs to hear this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really think everyone needs to hear this.

This is a song by Dustin Kensrue of Thrice. I won't go into detail about Thrice and whatnot I just encourage everyone to listen to this song. Every single time I hear this song, I have to fight the urge to shed a tear. Some of you guys who are dads might appreciate it a little more, but I know I appreciate it because I know this is how my father feels. I don't know what I would do without my father.

/sappy stuff off.

Enjoy! (it is live and the audio if from the apparently shitty camera that the dude is using to record. Also, if anyone is interested in getting the full album, let me know and I'll host it for free download.)

Last edited by suckerdin; 04-27-2011, 11:59 PM.
    Originally posted by 56482
    only on DFWMUstangs...

I couldnt get past the first minute

Comment

I guess it depeds on your relationship with your dad, can't say that I'm verclempt in the least. It would actually make more sense to me if he was singing about God.

Comment

Dustin Kensrue is the shit. He's awesome on all of his recorded shit, and twice as good live and in person. Thrice is my favorite band. Also I just read the last part. I can haz album?

Comment

That whole album is great. That song and the next, Blood and Wine, are just exceptional.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I guess it depeds on your relationship with your dad, can't say that I'm verclempt in the least. It would actually make more sense to me if he was singing about God.
            Kinda sounds like a 20th century version of the Prodigal Son.

Sounds good, I liked it.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              The God thing could be a possibility. DK is (from what i've gathered) a very religious man. so i wouldn't really rule that out.
              Originally posted by 56482
              only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Thrice is fucking terrible.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    Let it be known that your levelheadedness never goes unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      I still jam Phoenix Ignition.
                      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                        I still jam Phoenix Ignition.
                        Best song, by far. The initial breakdown is still on of the heaviest things I have heard, after the initial calmness of the beginning.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                        X