New cam in my ls-coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thp1 View Post
    Not being a hater,because I like anything that goes fast no matter what type of engine etc.I just don't understand,its not like you cant make a ford motor fast.Is it that much cheaper to build an LS motor.Its like going to the car show and walking up on a beautiful looking 32'Ford and once you get to the front it has a freakin old school chevy 350 sb.It for some reason erks the shit out of me.It just takes away from the car.On the other hand if its some beat up POS all out gutted grudge race car who cares! Does anyone else feel this way? Once again not knocking these guys cars they look and sound awesome.Travis
    I don't think my car is a POS...but it does need a fresh coat of paint. Oh and it is a gutted out street car.

I think I'm going to paint it orange all over...
    Last edited by 83coupe; 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 83coupe View Post
      I don't think my car is a POS...but it does need a fresh coat of paint. Oh and it is a gutted out race car.

I think I'm going to paint it orange all over...
      Fixed for yah
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

LOL @ comparing a 350sbc to a fuel injected LSx motor. IMO Ford doesn't have any motor that competes dollar for dollar. I am not knocking the 351, but to get one to a streetable 430rwhp with fuel injection cost a lot more and while the mod motors can be very fast they are expensive to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          Fixed for yah

Comment

Not being a hater,because I like anything that goes fast no matter what type of engine etc.I just don't understand,its not like you cant make a ford motor fast.Is it that much cheaper to build an LS motor.Its like going to the car show and walking up on a beautiful looking 32'Ford and once you get to the front it has a freakin old school chevy 350 sb.It for some reason erks the shit out of me.It just takes away from the car.On the other hand if its some beat up POS all out gutted grudge race car who cares! Does anyone else feel this way? Once again not knocking these guys cars they look and sound awesome.Travis
            Well said!

Car looks good Casey

Comment

I think for the price and simplicity an LS1 is hard to beat to an extent......Just depends on your goals I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                I think for the price and simplicity an LS1 is hard to beat to an extent......Just depends on your goals I guess.
                Very easy to build a tin can that doesn't weight shit and go fast.

Comment

You can't prep a aluminum block with a dist. in the front for what I have in my entire running motor.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                    Well said!

Car looks good Casey
                    Thanks bro, a few more things with it here and there and i'll be taking it back out,, maybe we can line em up at the cruise? But with the horse powa your making now it'll be game over for me lol

Comment

sounds great! nothing like cheap horse power

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0 n it View Post
                        Thanks bro, a few more things with it here and there and i'll be taking it back out,, maybe we can line em up at the cruise? But with the horse powa your making now it'll be game over for me lol
                        Sure..I might need the hit since you have ls1 stock set up. Hope to get the transmission soon. It's been awhile now, Damn converter is holding me back.

Comment

I agree, he should give me that ole crappy motor for my Vette and I will give him a brand new Cobra crate motor. Or I could put the Cobra motor in my Vette. We could park next to each other and confuse a lot of people.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                            Sure..I might need the hit since you have ls1 stock set up. Hope to get the transmission soon. It's been awhile now, Damn converter is holding me back.
                            Lol shiiiieeet..... I barely cracked 500 to the wheels last time we dynod the car, and that was ON the the naws! I don't think you'll have a problem blowin the doors off the monster with ease haha

So are you gonna have it goin soon?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0 n it View Post
                              Lol shiiiieeet..... I barely cracked 500 to the wheels last time we dynod the car, and that was ON the the naws! I don't think you'll have a problem blowin the doors off the monster with ease haha

So are you gonna have it goin soon?
                              God damn!! 500hp and it ran that fast... Shit how much did it weight 1100lbs? I need to put this pig on a diet

Don't know how soon I will have it ready. Waiting on converter.

Comment

Damn that sounds good. Nothin wrong with a clean swap car. Hard to beleive thats in Dville lol

Comment

Working...
                                X