Clear All

all these photos just made me came lol excellent photos in this thread
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      Haha really? thats awesome man glad you like it.

Yes definitely used a tripod, all of these were long exposures. The lightning ones were anywhere from 15-45 seconds with an F:8-ish at ISO 100 and the cloud shots were about 7 seconds with a F: 5.6-8 ISO 800-100 (they move quickly so you have to really shorten the time and up the light sensitivity). Every storm is different, especially if your moving from spot to spot. You gotta kind of juggle the settings till you get what youre going for. What kind of camera are you using?
      canon eos rebel t3

and thanks... never thought to mess with the iso
      Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Nice pics. I wish I had broken out our good camera for the storm the other day. It was just lighting up the clouds and looked all spooky and shit. You photos just keep getting better and better.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
          canon eos rebel t3

and thanks... never thought to mess with the iso
          Yeah messing with ISO is a must. You have to shoot on Manual or Bulb for storm shots, the cameras computer cant do much since the light is changing constantly (lightning) and everything is moving. Most of the time I guesstimate shutter speed using the "Bulb" setting. I'll leave the shutter open until I feel I've gotten a good shot.

I also use a small remote control for the camera to reduce camera shake for the long shots (10 bucks on Amazon). I also shoot with a Canon, Ive never messed with the T3 though. Got good reviews. I would think you would have a bulb setting if not just set the shutter speed as slow as it will go (usually 15-30 seconds)

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
            Nice. All four of those were taken near Cabelas. If I lived any closer to there I'd be one broke individual lol
            I live 3 minutes from there. I am going to have to get out next time.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
            X