Hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope?

This is all that was left at one of the house consumed by the PK Lake Complex fires...

hope for what?

that America in its entirety doesn't burn from a Texas wildfire?
    Originally posted by 56482
    only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Stretch. Plus, that could be a pic of any flag, anywhere.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Newb u fail. Post tits or gtfo
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by shoot to kill View Post
          hope for what?

that America in its entirety doesn't burn from a Texas wildfire?
          As bad as some of te people have gotten it was just amazed this flag made it... I took this picture yesterday during the time they allowed people to go back in and survey the damages... This flag was at a house overlooking Hells Gate... Hope wasn't the best title but the owner actually said "I guess that gives us some hope"... I'll be posting some arial shots I snapped as soon as I get my camera back...
          Last edited by silversleeper; 04-23-2011, 08:32 AM. Reason: Errors

Comment

post the aerial shots stat

Comment

How about logic instead. The flagpole is probably on the edge of the property and either out of the wond's reach, or it was blowing another direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                How about logic instead. The flagpole is probably on the edge of the property and either out of the wond's reach, or it was blowing another direction.
                Wond - It's a mother-fucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                  Wond - It's a mother-fucker.
                  lol.

I just don't understand why someone would think an American flag would give someone hope. If we use logic, as Big A said, then there's really not much hope at all. Especially if the flag is the only remaning thing there. If you ask me, all hope is pretty much gone if all your shit is smoldering in the background.
                  only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

The Blackhawks

Air Attack- This guy in contracted by the government... He is pretty much the air traffic control over the TFR...

The Crop Dusters- They are loaded with 600-800gallons of retardent weighing roughly 4000lbs

There was a huge TFR around the lake this day so we never got to get into the developements that were the worst hit... We were flying with a 2200ft cloud ceiling and would have had to climb to 5500 to fly over the TFR... We hope to be able to get back up on Wednesday of next week... The TFR should be removed by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      You are correct the flag pole is on the edge of the property...

Comment

Originally posted by shoot to kill View Post
                        lol.

I just don't understand why someone would think an American flag would give someone hope. If we use logic, as Big A said, then there's really not much hope at all. Especially if the flag is the only remaning thing there. If you ask me, all hope is pretty much gone if all your shit is smoldering in the background.

There is actually a touching story behind what the gentleman meant by saying that... We were allowed back in for a few hours today and I talked to him again as he was sifting through the rubble trying to collect anything he could... The flag was sent to him by a group of Marines that his son had served with in Afghanistan... Key word being had... He was killed in action... He says the flag is the only thing he is going to have left other than memmories of his son. Everything else went with the house... Hes hoping to be able find the safe with his Marines ID tags, pictures, and the letter families are sent when their loved ones are killed in action... The man is not upset about the house it can be rebuilt and will be eventually... But he just will never be able to recreate the memmories that were taway by the flames...

Comment

Forgot this big guy...

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                            There is actually a touching story behind what the gentleman meant by saying that... We were allowed back in for a few hours today and I talked to him again as he was sifting through the rubble trying to collect anything he could... The flag was sent to him by a group of Marines that his son had served with in Afghanistan... Key word being had... He was killed in action... He says the flag is the only thing he is going to have left other than memmories of his son. Everything else went with the house... Hes hoping to be able find the safe with his Marines ID tags, pictures, and the letter families are sent when their loved ones are killed in action... The man is not upset about the house it can be rebuilt and will be eventually... But he just will never be able to recreate the memmories that were taway by the flames...
                            that story changes a lot...I hope, more than anything, that he's able to find that safe.

(if you would have mentioned this story to begin with, i wouldn't have come up with with a dick comment. lol.)
                            only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

i had no idea about the story until today... im going back tomorrow after Easter service to help him search for it... i have a metal detector that cost a pretty penny im going to take with me... i realize that its going to be going off like crazy but its supposed to be able to tell you what metal it's found??? dont realy know much about it... was one of those "oh thank you" wedding gifts that has been put sight out of mind... hope to be able to find it...

Comment

Working...
                              X