Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 2011 GT owners here having these issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 2011 GT owners here having these issues?

$30k and then this...ouch!

LOL...that sucks.

Comment

There appear to be quite a few people having issues with that transmission. The 6 speed auto doesn't appear to be having any troubles.

BTW, the tranny is made in China. Go figure...

Comment

shoulda gotten a snake

Comment

They won't warranty it because it's been "abused" but yet even the Ford commercials pretty much say go out, race it, abuse it.

Comment

Sounds to me like he has some bent forks, why would Ford warranty that? It is a japanese or chinese made transmission, but I haven't read anyone else having this issue. Just because he has 5k mile doesn't mean the kid hasn't been to the track every weekend or tearing his shit up daily (ie; powershifting).

I did the same thing at Ennis about 6 years ago, the same thing was happening to my Tremec, no 2nd or 4th but, 1st, 3rd and 5th worked fine and got me home. I then bought a new Tremec to replace the busted one 'I' fucked up...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

When cold my dads is very rough going into second and third.

There is also a strange pulse through the clutch pedal when you first creep out of the garage. Feels like the slave or throw out bearing.

He should have it in for its first service within the week. I am interested to see what the dealer has to say.

Comment

Oh damn!!

Dear god mmmmman! I have a 6speed and the only thing that pisses me off is it does a skip shift thing from first to fourth. So how it works is you have to tuck and grab 2nd otherwise it kinda forces you into fourth! and it can be damn annoying!! I did have issues with it not feeling smooth and it's a recall on the fluid. It started to feel like the old T-5. But after that I row the crap outta that sucker and it holds pretty damn good!

Comment

Getrag MT82 rated at 384ft/lbs

Mustang 5.0 under rated at 390ft/lbs

Interesting.

Comment

Pricey

Hell a good clutch is around $1500 bucks and that's not install! I have... well my wife has 12000 miles on mine and it does get poopy until it warms up. Oh and by the way after 12000 miles the back tires are pretty much bald! And there not cheap!!

Comment

All mfgs. have also become very 'stingy' when it comes to ANY and ALL warranty work, especially performance type cars. Also they are like cops now, investigating with a fine toothed comb. You just can't go out and beat the fuck out of your car, break something and expect to have it fixed under warranty.
                      Performance shops don't do this at all, go and have a car built and then go and fuck it up at the track and see if you get a warranty. I know it sucks but this has happened to me with my 02 Lightning, I blew the transmission and warranty would not cover it, it cost me a smooth $2500.00 and it was still under warranty, did I bitch, HELL FUCKING YES! Did they fix it, nope, this falls under the 'catastophic failure' and they know you fucked it up.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Hey Steve, when my clutch hits the oh crap factor. What do you think install price would look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Quake5.0 View Post
                          Hey Steve, when my clutch hits the oh crap factor. What do you think install price would look like?
                          I'm not sure bro. I'd suggest calling Clint at TrueStreet Motorsports and ask him. They have the best prices and service in town easily. There is no way I'd take it to the dealership unless I knew for sure if would be covered.

I do know that Sean rebuilds transmissions in house rather than out sourcing like so many other shops do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            All mfgs. have also become very 'stingy' when it comes to ANY and ALL warranty work, especially performance type cars. Also they are like cops now, investigating with a fine toothed comb. You just can't go out and beat the fuck out of your car, break something and expect to have it fixed under warranty.
                            Performance shops don't do this at all, go and have a car built and then go and fuck it up at the track and see if you get a warranty. I know it sucks but this has happened to me with my 02 Lightning, I blew the transmission and warranty would not cover it, it cost me a smooth $2500.00 and it was still under warranty, did I bitch, HELL FUCKING YES! Did they fix it, nope, this falls under the 'catastophic failure' and they know you fucked it up.
                            HUGE threads on this on s197 forums, this not some isolated case, people are in for their 3rd and 4th transmission replacements.

Comment

never buy the first year! you've been warned

Comment

Working...
                              X