Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

better mpg when riding in a pack or the gas from down south is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better mpg when riding in a pack or the gas from down south is better?

i went on a trip over the weekend and there was about 8 of us in the pack and i rode at the back going down there(lake somerville) and back. i am not sure if it is that or the green gas they have that was getting me 50+ mpg on my nightster

we always get gas in buffalo and it has a green tint to it, not sure if the gas is better down there or what.

any input?

shit, i'm lucky to get 30.

Comment

That was diesel... lol.

Comment

Less wind resistance would obviously increase fuel economy. Not having 10% ethanol would also increase economy somewhat but also riding in a pack tends to slow down your acceleration speeds, which will also increase economy.

Best I've ever gotten out of the 1125R is 35mpg, worst was 18.

Comment

probably lack of ethanol

kind of funny they sell ethanol as a way to save you money, but Ethanol is only 60% of the energy content of gasoline.
          so it doesn't save you shit.....even if it was really 5% cheaper for a total fillup, you lost 5% of the miles you'll get roughly.
          then we make it the most retarded way on the face of the earth, with corn.
          good ol govt awesome at work!

Comment

I imagine you had a south breeze coming home. In a pack, you do get some drafting benefits, too, especially in the "cat-bird seat" (right in the middle). I'm not sure about ethanol in the pumps where you were, but that always hurt my bike/car mileage.

Comment

Working...
            X