Just picked up a FZ-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a FZ-09

So, been on a Harley for a couple years now (and I work at a HD dealership) and decided to go back to sport. Been looking at the Yamaha FZ-09 and just picked one up. Fun ass bike. Totally love it. That said, when's the next bike gtg?
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

pics asshole

Comment

Mother******. I really thought I wanted a custom V-Rod. But after looking at the cost I can't afford it. So I stumbled on the Fz9 and fall in love with it. It's Beautiful/fast/cheap. I really like the dark grey.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
        So, been on a Harley for a couple years now (and I work at a HD dealership) and decided to go back to sport. Been looking at the Yamaha FZ-09 and just picked one up. Fun ass bike. Totally love it. That said, when's the next bike gtg?
        Congration on getting something that will get out of its own way.

Comment

Don't let the Harley crowd figure out you actually realize what a real motorcycle is....... they're gonna flip on you.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Don't let the Harley crowd figure out you actually realize what a real motorcycle is....... they're gonna flip on you.
            LOL! He's had a few bikes before the Harley

I've read up on the FZ-9 and I really dig it. Post up some pics already!

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              No shit. I had one this morning merge just behind me, we took a few quick turns and I had lost him, slowed down to turn left which was a double left lane. He got on the outside to try and beat traffic, took the corner a little too fast and with those side compartments and his ape hangers, looked like a four year old with training wheels trying to negotiate the turn. At least he won the race!111

Comment

I had a Harley guy giving me crap one day about not having a real bike....... knowing he was a real Harley poser, I asked him how many miles he had on his bike. I then showed him that my Jap bike had over 50k on it already and asked him when he was going to become a real motorcycle rider. He had no reply.

Most Harley's are ridden to the bar and to home, except for those guys that long haul on Road Kings. They are legit. The Road King is consequently the only Harley I can stand to ride.

Comment

I know multiple Harley guys with near or over 100k on the odometer. Hell, I know a guy over at Longhorn that has that much on his Sporty and has done nothing more than regular maintenance, and never opened the motor. It's all how you treat the bike and maintain it.

I had a Sportster, and there's a huge aftermarket for stuff you can do to it. I just really wanted to be back on a sport bike and able to ride like I want to to. So far I've only gotten a new rear tire, integrated tail light, and rear fender eliminator. Performance is fine for me right now, so getting cosmetic shit. I also just saw Roland Sands built a FZ-09 and should have parts for it soon.
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

they have $25 dyno runs at work right now. Kinda wanna hit that up for a baseline.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                      I know multiple Harley guys with near or over 100k on the odometer. Hell, I know a guy over at Longhorn that has that much on his Sporty and has done nothing more than regular maintenance, and never opened the motor. It's all how you treat the bike and maintain it.

I had a Sportster, and there's a huge aftermarket for stuff you can do to it. I just really wanted to be back on a sport bike and able to ride like I want to to. So far I've only gotten a new rear tire, integrated tail light, and rear fender eliminator. Performance is fine for me right now, so getting cosmetic shit. I also just saw Roland Sands built a FZ-09 and should have parts for it soon.
                      Any Harley guy with 100k on their bike is far from the average Harley guy. I have more miles on my pedal bikes than the average Harley owner will see on their motorbikes.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                        Mother******. I really thought I wanted a custom V-Rod. But after looking at the cost I can't afford it. So I stumbled on the Fz9 and fall in love with it. It's Beautiful/fast/cheap. I really like the dark grey.
                        you still looking for a custom Vrod?

Comment

Working...
                        X